Servicing Recommendations in SE London

Bike (Kwak ZX6R) is due 16000 miles service NOW…

You guys got any recommendations for places in SE London to get it done?

As its the shim service interval one i know its going to be a biggie but im also quite handy with a set of spanners so i’m even keen to maybe only get somewhere to do the Shims for me and i do the rest.

I don’t mind paying to have the full service done but i’d rather it was done properly.

Any ideas guys?

If you want a Kwaker dealer, the only one nearest to you is:

Jack Nice Motorcycles
Address:
129-133 Grove Road Walthamstow
E17 9BU London
tel. 0208 520 1920
fax. 0208 509 3589
Suppose to be quite good! Hope it helps?
-Hennessy

To be honest i’m not too worried about it being a Kwak dealer i’m just after someone to do a good job of it. I’m not worried about a Kwak stamp just as long its reputable!

Hi

I had my bike (ZZR1100) serviced at Jack Nice but they did not do a good job at all. They fitted a Scottoiler (badly) and charged a bomb.

I have tried Johns of Romford, and some mobile mechanics, but now I would not take my bike anywhere else than Total Traction in Colchester. It is a nice ride out, they work on your bike immediately in their immaculate workshop, do a thoroughly decent job and charge only for what they do. In 14 years of biking I have never found a better place.

They are recommended on many bike sites. They will also do suspension and everything else.

Give them a go, you won’t be disappointed.

Best wishes

ZZRLofty

oooo well i heard it was ok, not a kwaker man myself so only goin by what ppl say.

nice one for the heads up mate!

-Hennessy

JACK NICE ARE A BUNCH OF 2BOB MECHANICS WHO RIP PEOPLE OFF.

FELLA IM A FULLY QUALIFIED MECHANIC IF YOUR BIKE HASN’T HAD A HARD LIFE THEY WON’T NEED DOING TILL 25.000 MILES JUST THE NORMAL STUFF LIKE OIL

FILTERS

PLUGS

CHANGE OF BRAKE FLUID

AND LOTS OF ANTI FREEZE FOR WINTER

Thanks for your reply guys.

Bike really hasnt had a hard life but i wouldn’t mind getting it done just to be sure…

Has seen 4 trackdays this year but none before that, well not that i know of anyway?!

Tempted to strip it down and trailer it somewhere to get it done…?! What do you guys think surely its gotta save a bit on labour?

I know it’s a bit further out of south easdt london but I just got my zzr6 16000 mile service done at Laguna Motorcycles in Maidstone.

Highly recomend them if you want PM me

Wheelpower are based in SW london, Raynes Park SW20. I know its not SE but you can get a loaner from them and they are a Kwaka dealer.

Wouldnt mind finding a descent place myself, the one in Maidstone might be a worth try as its not too far from me.

I can second Total Traction though, not sure about the nice ride mind you. A12 is boring as hell
They serviced my CBR, and set up the Gixxer both suspension and the PCIII - found an extra 7bhp over standard and its run so much better, so can’t complain at that.

You don’t want to use the A12! There are loads of good roads leading to Colchester (but I agree the A12 is not one of them!)… just take your pick from the map book!

Hi, sorry this message is rather late but I can highly recommend my mechanic, Henry. He’s based in Dartford and is extremely reliable and trustworthy, won’t rip you off either. has been a mechanic for 38 years so knows his stuff. Send me PM if you’d like his details. Justine

Where abouts in South East London are you. There’s a good Motorcycle service place on the South Circular, If you go under the railway bridge at Catford there’s a wine dealer just the other side and he’s in the arches behind it. Does MOT’s too and doesnt mind the occasional loud pipe.

H