Serious Accident under Vauxhall Bridge - shaming attitude of some bikers

poor guy, I really hope he makes it.

over the last week I have seen how broken society is and how low we have sunk as a whole.

Regardless of how you treat a fellow man or woman, money power etc is still the most important thing, it makes me sick, but were not all like that, Hels is proof, well done showing your concern and keeping your cool with those morons, I know I would have had something to say to them…

does any one know if there ok or not?

Excuse my ignorance, Vauxhall bridge can’t be travel’ed under. It’s a bridge over water no?. Hope they made it anyway. Chaz

Vauxhall is full of bridges - the railway bridge over Kennington Lane by Metropolis Corner is where we are talking about.

Very sad indeed…

I went to see a stand up comedy show a while back, one of the guys there was joking about London; his sketch was about suicide but I still feel it is relevant here; it was about the fact that when someone commits suicide anywhere else in the country, people are sad to hear the news, sad to hear that someone was so desperate that the only option they saw was to take their own life; except in London, where people see it as an inconvenience because what that person did means that the tube will be delayed or it will cause road closures and there will be deviations and delays…

Whereas living in close groups tends to bring people close together, living in such a big city only means that the person next to us is just another stranger and I find it sad that people, specially people who belong to such a great community that is ours, bikers, don’t even have the minimum respect towards others in situations like this - it could have been anyone and as Hels said, it’s someone’s someone :frowning: :unsure:

I’ve got video proof I wasn’t beeping, revving or rubbernecking.
I really hope the poor guy pulls through!

Was this suicide?

Weefrenchie you’ve confused me now

I don’t know, don’t think so; I was just commenting on the attitude towards the situation

People have every right to commit suicide. Some people just don’t want to deal with life, or can’t deal with it. Suicide is not always a sign of mental illness, it can be an entirely rational choice. As a result, I think I am perfectly entitled to be pissed off that the person concerned has been selfish enough to do it in a way that impacts on thousands of other people.

When I am king, my contribution to society will be ‘suicide booths’. At every train station, there will be a booth that you can enter into, where you grip two metal poles. A fatal electric shock is delivered, you are dropped into an incinerator, and if you so desire, your remains can be posted to your loved ones. The point is, you want to kill yourself, you are going to do it anyway, you can do it in an unobtrusive and unremarkable way that doesn’t involve traumatising a train driver and delaying the lives of thousands (on one such occassion last year, I couldn’t get to see my son in hospital because someone had jumped in front of a train, its not all me me me me me). Why the hell do they feel the need to make a statement about it anyway?

There’s still no need to be unkind or rude and as you say “its not all me me me me me” :wink:

Granted. My anger is not at the people who have to clean this sort of thing up, its at the people who cause this sort of thing. So in the case of road accidents, its the person who is at fault, not the emergency services that have to clear it up. And in the case of Jumpers (suicides, not woolly) its the jumpers themselves, not the train company that is delayed, or the police that have to clean up. I’m not entirely (read ‘at all’) convinced that its rude or unkind to point out the selfishness of jumpers.