scratch removal

Fella’s (& fellettes :)) the constant use of swingarm stands have left unsightly marks and small scratches on my swingarm. I am considering a paintjob on it (the swingarm) but am undecided at the moment. As it stands the swingarm is brushed aluminium.Is there anything I can do to get rid of the scratches which doesnt involve more scatching? (if you get my drift)

OMG, slight scratches? Sounds like a ratbike to me!

Work as a courier for a few months… you won’t mind the scratches then :smiley:

Get it powdercoated satin black:cool:

the coat on the swing arms on is quite difficult to recreate without making it look worst.u can polish the whole thing but then u have to keep it clean or get it powder coated .still have to strip it out and peplace the dust seals but its easy to keep clean and hard wearing .i did my blade ,this had 38k on it and used in all wethers.

Attachments

OMG, slight scratches? Sounds like a ratbike to me!

Work as a courier for a few months… you won’t mind the scratches then

Edited: Today @ 10:53 by itsthemechanic

:w00t::w00t: I’l run you over saying that:P its couriering that brought about the maintenance that brought about the scratches in the first place. And chunky thats the sort of thing Im looking at, but wondered if there was anything that could be done in the meantime. I actually like the look of the black frame/swingarm longterm.

You could put an LB sticker over the scratch:D

Sorry to take this away from the OP … but it is sort of on topic …

I’ve been layed up in bed for the last few days with flu (that’s my story and I’m sticking to it :smiley: ) and went to the shops this morning for a bottle of milk and some fresh air … checked on the bike while I was out and it seems that some little bastard has etched “****” into what was a lovely undamaged tank.

So … apart from buying a rain cover to prevent further damage … is there anything I can do? Is it worth buying some touch up paint from ebay/a garage/someone who can do a colour match … or will I just end up with it looking like someone’s wrote **** in paint?

sorry to hear that mr c, if it isnt a deep etching try carplan colour restorer, it worked wonders for me when some cub scouts did a charty wash on my car using what seemed like brillo pads. if its deep then you will have to get a paint stick, or get a new paint job. thanks chunks thats a thought i hadnt considered lol…