School closed for the Euros!!

I rang them up today to voice my opinion and asked how they thought it acceptable to send out a letter with a spelling mistake stating they are going to postpone an English exam!! They asked what i was talking about and sounded rather flustered when i pointed out we are not American so do not spell REALISE with a Z!!! Marmablade
I was banded from school evenings as telling a teacher that god help us with the next generation your teaching as we will be doomed
I rang them up today to voice my opinion and asked how they thought it acceptable to send out a letter with a spelling mistake stating they are going to postpone an English exam!! They asked what i was talking about and sounded rather flustered when i pointed out we are not American so do not spell REALISE with a Z!!! Marmablade
Hah someone had Microsoft Word setup with the wrong dictionary!
I was banded from school evenings as telling a teacher that god help us with the next generation your teaching as we will be doomed Wise
lol

Marmablade! I’m with you buddy. It gets right on my tits that it is one rule for us and another rule for them. I have all girls who cannot stand football (I will be a loner on Saturday evening) but I agree it is absolute bullshit they are doing that.

I think if they hadn’t been so arsey with me when my youngest child was really ill with Tonsillitis and ear infections a few years ago and had loads of genuine time off due to this i wouldn’t be so annoyed, But i had the council round our house threatening to take legal action if my child had more time off school due to ill health!! he had to have 2 operations to clear his tear ducts, insert grommits in his ears and also a Tonsilectomy which is all documented with the Dr’s and the hospitals but they still threatened us with legal action!! if it weren’t for that i think i would’ve been happy they were letting them watch the football. But out of the 1200 pupils in the School that will be sent home, how many of them will actually watch the Match? most will be down the park or in the town centre!!

This is exactly what was said, It’s the way it’s worded also that annoyed me.

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

You can probably bring this up centrally. But I expect they’ll back up the school…

Anyone home schooling? A friend of mine does. One 8yo son. Says best thing they decided to do. banman
until that child grows up weird from lack of social interaction
Anyone home schooling? A friend of mine does. One 8yo son. Says best thing they decided to do. banman
until that child grows up weird from lack of social interaction me_groovy
some of us grew up weird anyway...

lol

some of us grew up weird anyway... Abzero
you would need to define normal to work out what is weird
you would need to define normal to work out what is weird Wise
Gaylord
you would need to define normal to work out what is weird Wise
Gaylord The Sleeper
o dear

… there enough social wierdos, physicists, psychopaths from the ‘normal’ system. :smiley:

So what happens if you don’t return the permission slip?

Don’t know. i guess they will make her stay in school and watch the match in the hall. That would be torture for her!! lol

Which also means a teacher will need to stay too.
I’d report them for derelict of duty to the children.

I may be showing my ignorance here but surely there are multiple matches for England to play in this tournament, why do they get the day off for this particular match?

I bet it’s England vs Merkel…

England-Wales apparently. No doubt a clash of the Titans for those in the know…