saddam executed

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13559626,00.html

what ever you think about us/uk in iraq… the world is a better place without the guy…

I think its good that hes gone.

we will have to see what happens but I feel they have just made a martyr out of the guy

he’s not dead, he’s having tea at my house as we speak.

they are now as bad as Saddam for taking someones life (whether he actually did the deed himself or not)…which is why we have prisons…just because a man is evil doesnt give us the right to take his life…those men in the pic putting the noose around his neck are now just as guilty…and they too will be judged…as they could have said no…as we all can say no …we all have choices…

we have evolved from ‘an eye for an eye’ to ‘forgiveness’…as an eye for an eye makes us just as guilty
sermon over
Amen

–>

I agree two wrongs don’t make a right.

An eye for an eye will leave everyone blind.

The evil man should have been left to rot in a stinking prison cell. Now he has just been made a martyr and an international hero. Where’s the sense in that?

I think there will be a huge backlash over this. The americans really do have no credibility in international affairs, and for as long as they are about we will always have conflict in the middle east.

Those that think it is wrong to have end the life of this man need to learn about what he done. If you are crying “save the world” from your ivory tower then you need to get back to life.

Puppy

I think there will be a huge backlash over this. The americans really do have no credibility in international affairs, and for as long as they are about we will always have conflict in the middle east.

Would taking away all money and army powers from the terrible US and giving them to…Iran keep people happy? Can people name 5 countries that would make life better on earth if they had the US power? (not taking in the UK)

what did HE do???..HE told others to do things…and they made their choice to do as he told them…HE is just as guilty as they and visa versa…

i dont know if HE actually took the life of another HIMSELF… but whatever HE did it does not make it right to take HIS life…what right has anyone to take anothers life…it makes them as guilty as HE

ivory tower …over and out

Amen

Well I wont lose any sleep. Saddam Hussein showed no humanity in his crimes, showed no remorse at his execution and even shouted defiant remarks at his sentencing and execution, which I feel I must point out was carried out by Iraqi’s, under Iraqi Law NOT American or British jurisdiction.

Well no offence to anyone here BUT… as a member of the “forces” and as a “middle east” vet my two peneth worth—

While I will not offer my thoughts on his offences, judgement, or punishment; what I can say is that the world is def a better place without him in any position of power. Now that he is dead (by whatever means), there is no fear of him coming back into any type of position to exercise his “power” again.

You talk about choices and these people could have said no. What a load of ********, he ran his country with an iron fist if they said “Oh no Saddam I cant do that its against what I believe in” then they would have been killed too. He was a total *******, yes he will probably be a martyr to what ever cause they believe in at the moment but the world is a much better place without him, the Iraqi people can breath a sigh of relief. Also what ever we believe in regarding an eye for an eye, they run their country as they run it, if it was a member of my family that had been tortured by him or his hench men then I would be the first in the line to do the man some damage… Saudi will cut off your hand if you have been caught stealing, there isnt alot of thefts in Saudi, whatever we believe or like or dislike they have their ways and we have ours. We have youths running around rude as you like nicking everything that isnt bolted down and getting away with it, whos system works ours or theirs…

Saudi will cut off your hand if you have been caught stealing, there isnt alot of thefts in Saudi,…

…it works and the offender is still alive to change his ways…

You talk about choices and these people could have said no. What a load of ********, he ran his country with an iron fist if they said “Oh no Saddam I cant do that its against what I believe in” then they would have been killed too.

and so when and if we get a crackpot leader who tells you to go and kill for him (and you are not in the forces - cos that is your choice)…you will do it cos you dont want to die if you say no???..as i’ve said before ‘bad things happen when good stands back and says and does nothing’ …together we are more than one man!!..

and if our prisons were just boxes with bread and water maybe they might think twice about committing a crime or reoffending…

but it doesnt make it right to take the life of another whatever the crime…

I agree with you charlyBR600-RR, if someone went for my children or my family then my god I wouldnt be responsible for my actions, he should have been hung drawn and quartered so he can feel some of the pain these people went through with him…But then if we just cut his hands off so he couldnt hold a gun again and cut out his tongue so he couldnt give orders then he would be sorry and everyone would forgive him… Dont make me laugh.

Can understand the pressure people would be under to be “told” to kill in whatever situation, if u want to or not, u HAVE to, or u die no? So that i CAN sort of understand…not right…but understand why they would do it?

Hanging him for his crimes? Well a big YES some punishment should have ensued, im not sure about the hanging bit cos i can also see the “making him a martyr” making a bit of sense too? (there are SO many maniac supporters of crap out there in this world)…

My thought? they may well have got rid of another manic leader but another will soon raise his/her ugly head…look at the world throughout history, there has ALWAYS been the rise of some absolute ****e of a leader, albeit Hitler,Mugabe,the chinese guy, and then Musalini (think thats how its spelt) but you get my gist?..SO many that come up and they are ALL touched in the damn head and dont have a clue or want to have a clue on how to run their country !! They ALL live on the riches of the poor in their land…all have gold this and that, live in mansions, drive the best cars eat the best foods when all around them is poverty and death…they instruct the deaths of anyone who wont comply…thousands have died throughout the world, all because of who is leading that particular country…So, like i said? they got rid of one today…but another will come along…bit like a bus !

It can go very deep and i dont have the answers…i just pay my taxes and get shafted, just like you guys !!

Make the punishment fit the crime…

Exactly right Blade, thats exactly how I feel.

Agreed it was a show… end of…

If however if he is dead, then the world will be a better place for it. Is there any difference between execution and any other life taken in “war” innocent or guilty… no… Anyway what are you all doing indoors talking about this… it’s a saturday, get out and ride ya bikes ffs

Its a hard subject but i think Salee if cutting your hand off works for putting people off trying to steal,and that has worked. Then killing some one like saddam for what he has done has got to/or start to work on deturring other persons from thinking they can get away with it in a higher position???

If it is true that there will be someone else to take his place in being evil(wha ha ha ha evil laugh) may be they should realise a bit quicker on the uptake and sort him/her out??