Rules of the traffic light Grand Prix

You can’t start 3 seconds before the red light goes out.

Take note mister blue Ninja man wearing a Gericke Pro jacket on Euston Road this morning.

You can’t in the real Grand Prix so you shouldn’t in the TLGP.

Don’t want to sound like a killjoy - but it’s also fecking dangerous on a bike with all these feckers running red lights these days - you get sided on by a car doing 40/50mph and you’ll probably die or be smashed up in a very life changing way.

I used to love tearing off at the lights - particularly if it meant beating another bike - these days - I take it easy and always look across the junction to spot for vehicles running the lights. Just because it’s technically your right of way don’t mean sh1t.

Sorry to sound like a boring git on this but it’s an easy way to get taken out of the game and should be pondered on by all of us.

Sid i would guess there was some humour and sarcasm about Atomic’s post…:wink:

SORRY ATOMIC, PJ - YOUR RIGHT - I’M BEING FAR TOO SERIOUS THIS MORNING - I’LL STOP IT NOW! :blush:;):smiley:

:smiley:

A false start incurs instant disqualification. Yours was a moral victory.

They do require some skill at getting away. Don’t stall either, that can be embarressing…

However with 3 TLGP’s this morning in a row that I can claim as mine, they are an absolute hoot and great fun when you get it all together nicely. :D:D

Sids point is still valid. I love TLGP as much as the next guy, but after nearly having my front wheel removed by a (drum-roll…) BMW X5 jumping the lights, I’m more conservative now :slight_smile: Plus, there was no contestants with the K5 1000!

I love the TLGP too and with quick reactions you can beat all sorts of machinery.

But I see cars running red lights all the time so it is wise to bear that in mind when the pulse is quickening.

One jumped the light this morning then found that he shouldn’t have done and stopped 18ft from the line…crazy.

[quote]
Jay (24/02/2009)

Sids point is still valid. I love TLGP as much as the next guy, but after nearly having my front wheel removed by a (drum-roll…) BMW X5 jumping the lights, I’m more conservative now :slight_smile: Plus, there was no contestants with the K5 1000![/quote]

Thats because you never met me at the lights Jay:D

[quote]
PJ (24/02/2009)

The gauntlet has been laid down! Location to be determined, contestants to be primed. Roads to be cleared of X5’s and the like. £10 a ticket to observe, free to take part. Winner takes all fame!

[quote]
makman (24/02/2009)

I tell you what my money is on Frogga and his mop head hahahaha

i Dont do it for frear of having my ass handed lol :w00t:

It’s not about winning it’s about taking part…unless there is a car on the grid of course.

It’s not about the winning, it’s about the arseing around! :stuck_out_tongue:

What ARE the rules of this mythical GP then? I know personally the second that orange bulb is lit, I’m off! Would this be a technical foul?

Personally its not about getting away first its about getting to the opposite side of the lights first.

I think you will find that Amber is still stop so ideally wait till the green light, but as i mention above its not about the launch, if they move then game on:D

1. Participation is compulsory. Igonerance is not an excuse

2. You snooze you lose

3. The grand prix is technically over when the speed limit is reached.

Aaaahhh, PJ, we’ll never get to know mate! Perhaps this is fate? Both our dignities stay intact :slight_smile:

Running the 750 wouldn’t be fair, now would it :stuck_out_tongue:

The rule is: red light out, GO GO GO, just like the real GP.