RST Leathers

I’ve been looking to purchase some new leathers and as much as I’d love to fork out some good cash on some Alpinestars I’m thinking it’s better to be smart with money 

Never heard of the brand before till I saw Baron Von Grumble wearing in his videos. 

Has anyone purchased any RST products? They look a little flimsy / not a lot of solid protection - the jacket below is the only one I thought that had great protection but even the shoulder sliders look a bit cheap even though it’s carbon fibre… They used carbon fibre to absorb shock and prevent collar bone damage. 

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/252061

Keen to hear all your thoughts on this

I Have RST Leathers and Textiles
There fine I’ve had no problems with either
Textiles are still waterproof after over 50miles
Get value for money in my humble opinion

And it doesn’t matter what jacket or jeans you buy RST uses the same Zip for allso you don’t have to pay to get them altered 

I am in the same boat. Need a 1 Piece suit and the price is soo good! But reviews online are mixed for the leathers.

I do have all RST Gear at the moment and can’t complain. Textiles are excellent and so are gloves. Going 3 years and still fully waterproof.

Having been riding Bikes for 17 years i have had numerous different Leathers and textiles, ranging from Cheap Hein Gericke ones to £1000+ Dainese ones.

My current RST Tractech Evo 1 piece is just as good as the Dainese set i had, it fits snug, it doesn’t stretch and get all saggy, the armour is removable and can be replaced, I have had 2 accidents wearing them and they have held up really well, i would say they saved me from some big injuries when i binned it on a roundabout slipping on Oil/Diesel.

I have 2 sets of RST Textiles, winter ones and Summer Mesh ones, They are by far the best Textiles i’ve ever owned, I have and would reccomend RST stuff to anyone, It says a lot about there leathers when 90% of non-sposored Racers wear RST leathers, most of the racers on the BSB circuit wear RST leathers so they must be pretty good.

Sam you forgot to mention the glory hole modification you had done to your leathers

Having been riding Bikes for 17 years i have had numerous different Leathers and textiles, ranging from Cheap Hein Gericke ones to £1000+ Dainese ones.

My current RST Tractech Evo 1 piece is just as good as the Dainese set i had, it fits snug, it doesn’t stretch and get all saggy, the armour is removable and can be replaced, I have had 2 accidents wearing them and they have held up really well, i would say they saved me from some big injuries when i binned it on a roundabout slipping on Oil/Diesel.

I have 2 sets of RST Textiles, winter ones and Summer Mesh ones, They are by far the best Textiles i’ve ever owned, I have and would reccomend RST stuff to anyone, It says a lot about there leathers when 90% of non-sposored Racers wear RST leathers, most of the racers on the BSB circuit wear RST leathers so they must be pretty good.

Marmablade
A particular set of RST leathers that you'd recommend? I am looking for this as i'd like to go on a track day later this year

Marmablade
Great comment man, thanks for the info! 

Go for tracktech evo

Tractech evo are what I have and are a perfect blend of road and trackday leathers, the pro series are track only as they are more contoured and uncomfy to walk around in.

Damn, I was hoping the leather suit will last me 17 years ;D

Does anyone have the Alpinestars Atem jacket? I reeeaaalllyyy want to get that but £500 is pretty hefty for a jacket! 

It’s just so gorgeous tho!

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/231118

Shhhh, thats meant to be our secret!!

Only ever used RST boots and they are bloody brilliant. Comfy, waterproof, durable, reasonably priced. If their leathers are the same quality then they will be good. Have you considered two piece leathers? They are acceptable on track as long as they zip together.

Only ever used RST boots and they are bloody brilliant. Comfy, waterproof, durable, reasonably priced. If their leathers are the same quality then they will be good. Have you considered two piece leathers? They are acceptable on track as long as they zip together. timebandit

I am definitely after a two piece - the jacket is the link I posted at the top :-)

I have that version of jacket
Just an older model
Look at alpha motorcycles web site they are cheaper that that

I have that version of jacket Just an older model Look at alpha motorcycles web site they are cheaper that that Wise
Thanks man, any other good sites to go to for gear? 

I must disagree on RST Boots though. Ones I had - Tractech Evo were an absolute junk. Very flat and uncomfortable, felt flimsy, the sole broke in half just by walking in them. They went in the bin after 6 months of use.

At the same time my TCX are now 4 years old and still work a treat.and  SIDI’s feel like they could survive anything (Are pain to put on though).

I must disagree on RST Boots though. Ones I had - Tractech Evo were an absolute junk. Very flat and uncomfortable, felt flimsy, the sole broke in half just by walking in them. They went in the bin after 6 months of use.

At the same time my TCX are now 4 years old and still work a treat.and  SIDI’s feel like they could survive anything (Are pain to put on though).

hellfire2260
I agree with you on the RST boots, not having owned them but watched many vids on them and they look very flimsy. 

Had Sidi Vertigo boots for 5 years and they were ace! Very handy being waterproof / good for sport road riding.

I'm currently eyeing the Alpinestars Supertech R's which I think I'm sold on: http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/231364

Sam gets his stuff from here

I have RST boots - they are ok, but are starting to fall apart in places (the flexible tonge part) - I also noticed the leather has cracked a lot…now this could have been due to not looking after them. They are just over 1 year old - but otherwise the boot was fine, good grip, fit my foot ok, etc… The weatherproofing was good until the split and cracks…