Rossi in BRDC

From site:

MotoGP legend Valentino Rossi has been made an honorary member of the exclusive British Racing Drivers’ Club (BRDC), the organisation has confirmed.

Rossi, who has won seven premier class motorcycle world championships, will be presented with his membership by BRDC president Derek Warwick ahead of MotoGP’s British Grand Prix at Silverstone next weekend. Rossi becomes the first person to join the club purely for his achievements on two wheels.

“I am very honoured to have been invited to become an Honorary Member of the British Racing Drivers’ Club,” said Rossi. “I know it’s very difficult to become a member of this exclusive club, there are very selective criteria. There is no rider in the BRDC, I will be the first and for this I am even more honoured.”

The BRDC’s vice-president John Surtees is famously the only man to win world championships on two wheels and four. Surtees says Rossi’s honorary role was in recognition of his importance to the Silverstone circuit.

“Valentino is without any doubt one of the greatest motorcycle riders ever in a sport that has played an extremely important part in Silverstone’s history. He has a huge number of British fans and will be putting on a fantastic show for the Silverstone crowd on 30 August.”

• What do you guys think?

Well deserved, he is a pretty good racing driver too, i’ve seen videos of him doing Rally Driving and he was shit hot at that too!!

one person in the world I would dearly love to meet is John Surtees.