Road legal Quad Bike??

Yes, the MP3 250 and 400 come in the standard 22 inch wheel width LT version. The difference will show up on a a query of the number as one will come up as bicycle, and the other will come up as tricycle. If they are parked in solo bays they are parked illegally, but son’t expect Westminster Parking Enforcement to understand all of this.

I see a guy riding a quad around my area in SE London. He never looks happy as he is always stuck in trafic. I dont get it personally, who get stuck in traffic on a quad when you can use a bike?

Giuliano Help!

I’m confused.

What’s the full SP on tricycles?

(I know someone who has an original Honda “trike” with the single front wheel and twin back wheels and they are only dangerous if you are a twerp. Ridden within their limitations, they are as safe as … hmmm. Oh, a Reliant Robin?)

Yeah, and Jeremy Clarkson showed how safe they are…:w00t:

I was watching Diamonds are Forever the other week on tele and Bond was being chased by 3 of these honda trikes - they looked hideously dangerous… but mega fun!.. until you die…

However, on a snow filled commute (which there are more to come this winter)… i think they would do the job… Hmmm ebay?..!

Nope, I don’t get it. Why use something in winter that cannot filter or park cheaply (or free, but let’s not go there) in bike bays , when it does not have a heater, roof or radio? If ya can’t face biking (why not!) then get a bloomin car!Must say, though, it was lovely on the commute today. 15miles before I saw a bike at all, and then it was another maxi scoot. First “real bike” was not until the A12 at the Bow Flyover. After that I think there were about 4 scooters and 2 other bikes. No annoying mayflies flitting about, hassling me at some points slowing me at others. Love it! :smiley:

Oldguy

I don’t pretend to understand it. In law three wheeled vehicles can be bicycles (wheels less than 22 inches apart), motorcycle derived trikes (wheels over 22 inches apart and based on the design of a motorcycle), tricycle derived trikes (usually based on a Robin but buyer beware), and car derived trikes. The law is incredibly complicated and there are whole forums devoted to discussing the niceties of trikes and their legal status.

Well this is what the thread is discussing, how to get to work when there is snow on the roads.
I’m sure you must be a really competent rider, but i dont think you can deny that big knobbly tyres are better on snow than a modern sports bike tyre. Even cars get stuck, whereas a quad or trike might make it through. So thats why I posted it here - to ask peeps if they can park for free and not pay CC. As for filtering, I doubt there would be much on the roads anyway when there is heavy snow, but I take your point. Still think it would be quicker than a car though.

:slight_smile:

Thanks for the clarification. Makes me recall that Peugeot are piloting a thing called Mu in Chiswick and Bristol. The idea is that you buy and bank points. These points can then be spent on the day on whatever type of transport you need at the time. And since Peugeot do bicycles, mopeds, maxi scoots, small cars, large cars, cabrios, and big and small vans they have almost everything covered except sports bikes. Oh, and quads!

Nice idea, though, don’t you think? Especially if BMW/Mini, Mercedes/smart (both groups are going to flog mopeds and maxi scoots before long) or Honda were to take it up.

I take it you work for Peaugot then…?! :wink:

Shame, as i’m interested in sports bikes… and quads! I would like to see a sports bike form them though…

Giuliano If you don’t understand it then I’m fecked if I can be bothered to try.

Big Pug Nice idea by Peugeot.

After a friend and his wife separated, he moved into a leased studio just off Kensington High Street and sold his car. For the next twenty years, he just rented whatever he wanted when needed and reckoned it cost about the same p.a. as running a car but without the hassles and you always had the car (vehicle) best suited for the event.

(Except for his bros. wedding when, on a holiday weekend, the only thing he could get was a Transit van. But at least it was white.)

No! But what they sell suits me so well that I am on my 4th scooter from them over the last 8 years. They did show a quad concept not long ago, but I doubt we’ll ever see it on sale.

And not many people know that Peugeot is the oldest motorbike manufacturer still going. No superbikes on the cards, but they are probably going to be offering a supercharged 500cc scooter within the next year or two. Wouldn’t mind betting that most bikes will have trouble matching that off the line!