Road Closures in Central London

:smiley: haha classic ^^^

The only type of vehicle that could get through a Police cordon :smiley:

What’s with all the black and white caps? Is somebody in the helicopter playing a giant game of human draughts?

YOU TIT! :hehe:

You and your colleagues certainly have my total support, Baz, so just take as much time as you like to get your point across.

The sooner those twerps Cameron, Osborne et al are gone, the better :crazy:

Having said that, I think politics in this country is at probably the lowest ebb it’s been in in centuries; there’s no proper prime minister material around. No one with any charisma or proper leadership capability.

Can you seriously imagine Ed Miliband as PM? :pinch:

At the end of the day, the wrong people are running for Parliament, so we just have to make the “best” of a very bad bunch.

That lady in the foreground in your photo would certainly get my vote :Wow:

I would be interested to know the views from a cross section of officers, as to what they belive is wrong with the service today.

Either on this forum or alternatively, is there somewhere we can go, where officers comprehensive views are available?

A good turnout today. Good to see support on the forum here too… :wink:

A very telling quote from Cameron when he took office was that he intended to “Stick it to the police.”

Well, the polce put themselves on offer for us, day-in-day-out, but Cameron through May and Winsor want them to be liable to

starting pay at £19K (yes, that’s much less that a PCSO)
be sacked (not medically retired) if they can’t do the job following an injury on duty (stabbed/shot - PC Rathbone e.g.)
be made redundant for no reason other that budgetary
bring in 5-year contracts
work the streets well into their 60s (is THAT the image of the officer you want to come to your aid if you’re getting attacked?)
have the ‘bottom 10% performers’ liable to disciplinary action (despite the fact that in any excellently-performing team, there will ALWAYS be a 10% lower denomination, not to mention May’s false claim last year that ‘target-driven culture’ was out)

The impartial office of Constable can currently laugh off threats of ‘I’ll have your job for this’ when stopping that well-to-do miscreant as it stands, but what happens when these politically placed Police Crime Commissioners and/or their cronies get stopped, and the very real threat of redundancy at the next rounds, or no renewal of contact rears its head?

Who will be the 1st to be made redundant during the next cull - the experienced (and relatively expensive) officer who has the where with all to crack on with the principle of ‘without fear or favour’, or the more malleable, new (and relatively inexpensive) officer?

No contest, is there?

Not to even mention the creeping privatisation by G4S and Serco (Cameron’s ultimate aim).

Much made of the fact that police ‘aren’t a special case’ but who else has such restrictions placed upon their personal lives, go into their ‘rest days’ after finishing work at 7am (very detrimental to health), face physical violence constantly etc. Not a ‘special case’, maybe, but there is a massive difference in what they do to the rest of us, and it should be accounted for somehow.

What standard of police officer should we expect for such terms & conditions, not to mention how many of them will stay to become the experienced backbone of the service?

The public should be very concerned about what level of police protection we will be afforded when Cameron (whose failed proposals when he was an adviser to Major’s government are practically a mirror image of what the ‘independent’ Winsor is proposing now) has his wicked ideological way with what was once considered ‘the finest police force in the world’.

Blackheath Tea Hut… :smiley:

Well said that man! :wink:

Thanks. I may take you up on that. I’ve been meaning to show my face for a while now anyway.

I have two good friends who have just joined the Met, although I take an interest anyway.

For Police views, from the frontline, see Inspector Gadget It can get a bit silly but the comments are usually worth wading through.

Sorry Busabaz and Roadrunner using collective bargaining?

Shocking.

http://antiwinsornetwork.wordpress.com/2012/05/11/who-do-you-think-youre-kidding-mr-winsor/

What the Government fail to mention in their spin in the media.

Sorry Kaos, as per normal, I haven’t a clue what your talking about.

Then they did the same thing, presenting only their side of the research when putting forward reducing the numbers of disability claimants, then again with the NHS changes, and now you say doing it yet again with the Police.

Flipping Tories.