Riding without mot/tax ?

Thanks ! Riding with no insurance is not something I’ll do anyway , you kill someone without insurance and your children will still pay for that !

MOTs are nothing to do with DVLA the relevant agency is VOSA.

As I understand it, MOT, Tax and insurance are nearly alldata linked at the DVLA these days, so if your on the road and a copper seesanything about the bike or you that makes them suspicious then all that copperneeds to do is radio your number plate in and they will get a full report in ashort time on the bikes details of the former owner seeing you just bought it.

I gather a few MOT and insurers are a bit slack in sendingin the info to DVLA, but no details sounds like an excuse to pull you in doesn’tit.

Going by what people say about Ebay bike buying, if you haveno bike transport to move a bike there are folk that do it for you for atransport rate. So you can find someone on the internet that can arrangetransport.

They don’t even have to radio in the numberplate. ANPR enabled cars will pick it up and alert the police as you pass.

MOTs are now completly online there is no delay - if you read the bit of paper you get it is confirmation that the record on the VOSA database has been updated.

insure it, book an MOT for the day you collect next to your house so you can ‘prove’ you are on route to the MOT test centre so the worst case is getting done for no tax (£60 fine I think)

sorted.

not so sure about that.
i was having a conversation with police about something and they checked my documents online, my MOT was showing to be out of date when i done it the week before.
good thing i always carry my documents with me so i could show it to them :wink:

Not right.

No MOT is a £60 fine and the Police will report you to the DVLA and then give you a FPN for £60 for ‘Failing to display a VEL’

£120 in total, not good.

Use uship (http://www.uship.com/uk/)… It will be cheap :slight_smile:

I don’t understand the w**k stains that think its smart or wise to avoid paying tax, insurance or MOT. Wouldn’t be the first time I’ve reported a vehicle with an out of date tax or somebody has blatently said they don’t have insurance and tax - its not a great deal of cash (more than it used to be admitted but still)…

As for buying a bike with no MOT to me that means no sale - simple as.