Riding To Work

its a MONSOON in SW6 !! :crazy:

i can see clear skies appearing in SW1 now… well at least on one side of the building!

i hope this bloody wind dies down a bit… :frowning:

It’s why the good Lord gave us Gore-Tex. The wind did make it a bit interesting this morning, especially on the fast bits of the A12 outside the M25. Unplanned lane changes, what fun!

And to the person on the blue moped near Leman Street who was wobbling all over the place, I hope you made it wherever you were going because boy did you look out of your depth to me. London at 8am is no place to be learning bike control skills.

:smiley: yeah today was interesting, it doesn’t help the fact that i think my rear tyre is constantly loosing pressure…due to a little cut, i’ll check tomorrow if it’s true or not. and the fact that whenever i stop my bike for some reason it never stops in a straight line, back wheel always slightly slides out

but oh boy A10 on my little 125 was sertainly wobbly, thank god no one was tailgaiting me. i came of my bike some months ago at roundabout in wet weather and probably diesel too…i used to be pretty fearless around corners in wet but now with this bike i slow right down…until i get another bigger bike…i think i actually felt today wind blowing me to the left as i was coming back home…damn, could it not blow me fowards so i go faster? :smiley: just joking btw

I’m assuming here, from what you’ve said, that you’re being a bit heavy on the rear brake. Hence sliding out when stopping. I could be wrong but thought it worth saying.

i might be, as i do tend to use back brake more which i need to train myself out of doing. it doesn’t bother me much though, heavy winds do

The ride home was better than this morning! Apart from a bit through Dulwich.

I understand, scooter rider, that you might want to get home faster than me. I understand that you might think it’s safe to undertake. Fair enough.

But doing it WHILE I’M FILTERING is just really effing stupid. If there was a space to pull in and let you by, I would’ve gone into it.

You tosser.

:angry:

This morning was ok but I felt this evening the winds picked up massively in the Center…

Found myself going round a 75 degree corner (at 10 miles per hour) and the wind was just pushing me upright…

But as I stayed within the center’s limits no problems as speeds are low and winds are more predictable

Did get a skid from throttling a bit heavier than necessary over some wet leaves which had become the same colour of the asphalt!!!