Riding in the UK without a "UK" bike licence?

You can drive a 7.5 ton lorry on a car licence as long as you passed your test before the start of 1997. You get the C1 category on your licence which covers 7.5 ton lorries.

I only know this cos I needed it for work!

like i said i have an extremely old licence so i can drive a 7.5 ton vehicle

now my father thought this… until he was pulled over and done for it - apparently it’s being removed retrospectively…

You should not ride bike or car without gettin your liscence which you get after giving your theory tests.
Doing this is considered as crime and is against the rules and regulations.So its very necessary to give your theory test prior to ride you bike or car…

You should not ride bike or car without getting your licensee which you get after giving your theory tests.
Doing this is considered as crime and is against the rules and regulations.So its very necessary to give your theory test prior to ride you bike or car…

Thanks for your quick response. :slight_smile:

SPAM and being reported …

pmsl and twice just in case you missed the 1st post 2 mins before :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t have a UK license and lots of people on here ride with me, (mind you I loose sight of them after about 2 miles). In The Netherlands before you get your license you can only learn in a car with dual controls under the supervision of an instructor. You cannot go out and practice with your parents for example. Plus the test is harder and includes compulsory motorway (for car and motorcycle).

I find the fact that you can pass your UK car test without ever having been on the motorway bizarre. It may explain why lane discipline is the opposite to the continent. I find in the UK drivers use the Fast lane unless they are exiting.

It is interesting that you would seemingly assume that the UK has more stringent driving test and licensing than elsewhere… this is sadly not the case, our regime is pretty poor in comparison to a number of other EU nations.

That said standards across the EU are broadly consistent, as are signs and the highway code, there are still some idiosyncrasies but there’s few these days. With this in mind it’s clearly appropriate that EU licenses should be valid in the UK up to their expiry date.

Licensing and testing regimes in other countries such as the USA are clearly not acceptable here as they’re rather poor… it’s for that reason that we exchange with British dependencies, the EU/EEA and a number of designated countries – Australia, Barbados, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Hong Kong, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, Republic of Korea, Singapore, South Africa, Switzerland and Zimbabwe.

Although we don’t accept Motorcycle entitlements from the Republic of Korea and Faroe Islands which is probably because their bike testing regime is not sufficiently robust.