Riding in snow.

1. Have long legs.

2. Have fun.

3. Take a hot water bottle, blanket, flask, avelanche detector, Oyster card, and a sense of humour.

When i was 17 and riding home on a cb100(:Whistling:) going across the moors to get home i packed my trousers with newspaper to absorb the pain of falling off ok you may all laugh but things like body armour were bloody expensive and besides it worked lol:w00t:

kato’s top tip for riding in the snow

1. Don’t

:stuck_out_tongue:

+1

When i was 17 and riding home on a cb100(:Whistling [Smile] going across the moors to get home i packed my trousers with newspaper to absorb the pain of falling off ok you may all laugh but things like body armour were bloody expensive and besides it worked lol

Good to know there are others who’ve just got on with it. Well done Wasp, newspaper is fantastic as a thermal layer/body armour.

After my experience today (http://londonbikers.com/forums/Topic650327-58-1.aspx), my opinion is “forget riding in the snow”.

wot this guy said. unless you have spiked tyres

It’s not that difficult, just gotta be careful. And maybe a tad peculiar.

I have thought about taking the trike out, see what it’s like in the snow. If I got a bbw to sit on the back, it might work.

I was out for hours on my little 100,in a foot of the stuff back in '82. Great fun.:smiley:

Make your own spiked tyres, bag of nails, hammer and away you go, it works…honest :stuck_out_tongue: lol

nothing wrong with riding in the snow aslong as its not loads like last month.

Being a master of procrastination this morning, bike cover still on…looks nice out thou

+1 Don’t unless you have a bike with these:

Also good for dealing with dopey pedestrians :D.

1. Use someone else’s bike

2. If you can’t do the above…Remove your bodywork before riding

:smiley:

:laugh::smiley:

if i had a small light low powered biek it would be huge fun tryign to ride in the snow…anythig else…forget it.

+1 im so temted not on the bird tho

Maybe try this …

https://www.youtube.com/v/kpz5AR95Dvc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&

… it looks sooo much fun!!! :smiley:

That looks fuggin fun :smiley:

piece of p!ss :smiley:

just watch out for planks in cars :slight_smile: