Riding In London (North London)

SPLITTER!!! but seriously +1 to SW and Grim, I joined LB on me todd, just walked into the pub and said ‘hello’ - that’s all it takes :slight_smile:

Even I turned up at BMM once and said hi to a few. Never again though, I still suffer from the night terrors…:stuck_out_tongue:

Dan, don’t worry about it dude, the guys and girls on LB are all top people. :smiley:

I moved to London 7 months ago, I brought the bike with me so I could get out at the weekends if I wanted to plus it gave me some alternative transport to go and visit friends and family back home and on the outskirts of London if I didn’t want to take the train. Anyway I didn’t know many people in London and I knew ZERO people in London who rode a bike, that was until I made the effort to turn up to Borough Market at London Bridge one Wednesday night, and it was on foot as I was on my way home from work, and I was quite taken back by the welcome from the likes of Barro, Adz, Ian etc…since then I’ve met many more, been on rideouts, helped out with Charity events, been out on the pi$$ and for dinner, and I’m looking forward to doing an LB track day at some point this coming year!

They are a top bunch and will make you feel really welcome, you just have to make the initial effort to turn up and say hi! :smiley:

I can appreciate the want to meet a few local people before meeting everyone. Everybody is different :wink: You don’t HAVE to be a member of the big group if you don’t want to, in my opinion. There is no law that says you HAVE to. But then, if you don’t join the bigger group, don’t complain that you don’t know anyone! :D:P

runs and hides

Hiya, Yeh that sounds good… Where is this place… well i havent recently moved to London but i find that not many younger lads my age ride bikes… its all about cars (BORING) although when i had my SV650S looking hot they were like i want a bike lol anyway i wanna go to this place to… where is it again… I ride my bike to work so could prb go after work although cant go tonight…

All the info you need is right here:

http://londonbikers.com/events/wednesday-meet/

See you down there sometime!

Why cant you…i do !!! ha ha :w00t: We are a cool bunch so you can come and introduce yourself and soon you will be “in there” with the rest of us…just come and find “mummy” Blade…i will take you to talk to whoever you want…see me? they ALL know me…:stuck_out_tongue: and if they dont? i introduce myself and then they do…:cool:
Seriously, just come up to one of us, usually we are in a bunch chatting…go to the Borough Market Meet, that way you are sure to mingle and meet…and yeh, look in the rideouts etc, turn up, just go up to anyone, say you are a newbie and someone will take you onboard and get you going…find Debz or Grimbusa…they are “ace” people…(and they know everyone as well!!) :stuck_out_tongue:

I am one of the minority then. Turned 20 not long ago and got an R6 :P. I was also looking for riding buddies my age, as we got more in common most of the time and then generally more to talk about i suppose.

+1 more for the minority, better than being a chav in mcd’s :smiley: 23 north london

Nice Bike…lol Yeh i know what ya mean! Well ive said i got an SV650S but its in the garage so riding a VFR800… im impressed with it but its to big for me and the garage gave it to me scratched up and without a left wing mirror …lol ahh well its quick though… Whats the R6 like to ride… when i first past my test i think it was pyschological not to ride an R6 coz i thought im gonna kill myself but now im dying to get on one…lol

Absolutely mental!:w00t: handles like a dream, very linear round corners, like its on rails, especially with the Bridgestone BT002 tyres. Power is more than enough for me. who needs more for the road. Got a full race system just on the verge of being annoyingly loud. Sounds very Deep and throaty.

Thats a good trick if you can manage it;):smiley:

hi folks

new here as well what time is the meet on monday at the ace.:w00t:

Sounds good to me… the VFR is very good round corners to although my SV650S isnt lol its a 1999-2000 but its roars like madness… you gonna be at the Ace on Monday!! Im going down there…

Hey DAN you are hell of a lucky guy to have a VFR - I bet it is RED!

Unfortunately I won’t be able to come to that meet. Will be fitting a Full Race System.:D. Maybe another time.

Who says a SV650 doesn’t go round corners?:cool:

Yeh it was nice to get the experience ridng it and it was great fun… just a tick of a box on bikes ive ridden… only thing i dont like about the VFR is the clutch although i got used to it in the end… im riding a 2007 SV650 now which i hate but hey…