Ride to Cumbria, Lake district

The A686 from Penrith to Langley-on-Tyne looks delectable :smiley:

It is very steep and narrow. We went over it most recently about 2 yrs ago and the surface was diabolical. Ruts & potholes. Worse than any donkey track we’ve ever tried (and that’s a few):w00t:

I’m in time booked off work

Ah just checked it out on Youtube… mmm see what you mean, looks very interesting ride…I can see how it could be a bit tight and hairy two up on a big sports tourer:ermm:

Bikergirl 400
serrisan
bricking it (maybe)
mmid2
chips
nivag
leon1984
me_groovy
Geoff B
Shiver

I’ll update about the rooms today
:slight_smile:

wicked im in

Bikergirl 400
serrisan
bricking it (maybe)
mmid2
chips
nivag
leon1984
me_groovy
Geoff B
Shiver
Jimbo 1

:cool:

Quick update as single occupancy is abscess £20 a night do ur looking at £74.00
I have two double rooms on reserve for serrisan and Geoff. They don’t have single rooms.

If anyone else wants single occupancy u must let me know.
I’ve not paid any money to hold these rooms, though to fully secure them we all need to pay them £50 each as deposit. We can do this over the coming week, ill let u know further details how to do this soon.

Not sure who’s pairing with who though we can figure it out when we get there or whatever!

Updates to follow soon :slight_smile:

I don’t mind sharing I don’t snore. I sent paypal the money now if you want?

Are there still places left on this? I’m interested, sounds like a good trip!
I don’t mind sharing/single - whatever is free.

You mean we have to give £20 worth of pus? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m in let me know when you want the money I can give you paypal/ bank transfer/ cash… :slight_smile:

Er yeh sorry about that last post!! I sent it from my I-Phone and didnt check the message when I hit send!

Ok so the contact number for Riverside Hotel is
01539 734861

If you contact them and give them the dates and that we already have a reservation already (I’ve got x8 twin rooms & 2 extra doubles for Serrisan & Geoff) under my name (claire) and pay your £50.

I will also pay mine 2nite. If you could pm me when you’ve done it so I know who’s already paid.

We will pay the balance of our rooms when we get there.

Don’t forget breakfast and dinner is included so we wont be spending alot on food although drinking could be a different story!! :smiley:

Stick yer name on the list then!! And PM me when you’ve paid ur £50 deposit to the hotel!

I’m organising this early to get the hotel reserved just to let peeps know as it’s a popular destination hence I’m keen to get everybody deposited.
There will be a final limit to numbers but only due to the hotel availability.
Going on the twin rooms we have 16 spaces in total plus the doubles so thats 18 spaces.

There might still be rooms free at the hotel but once past our 18 mark it will be down to those extra peeps to find a room!

:cool:

bike keys in a bowl? :smiley:

Just tried the lady said I’ll need your surname or a booking ref

I just did mine… just say claire and the number of rooms and it’ll be fine :slight_smile:

That’s what I said but got no where

Bikergirl 400
serrisan
bricking it (maybe)
mmid2
chips
nivag
leon1984
me_groovy
Geoff B
Shiver
Jimbo 1