Ride to Cumbria, Lake district

So here it is, on Jamies own recommendation, fun & frolicks on the roads around the Lake District.

Plan is to leave on the 19th travel up there and travel back on 22nd leaving a whole 2 days to explore.

Haven’t selected any routes yet though I reckon we’ll be riding most of the day on the Saturday & Sunday so perhaps reasonable mileage, numb bums & dead legs might be involved :w00t:

Certainly not roughing it, we’re gonna be staying in a lovely hotel in Kendal, the link is below…

http://www.riversidekendal.co.uk/

We have a fantastic deal for this place at £54pppn, this is based on a twin room.
The priice also includes Breakfast & evening 3 course meal with use of the facilities inc swimming pool sauna and gym, BARGAIN! :wink:

I have reserved a number of twin rooms though this only holds for a week so I do need to know numbers ASAP. I need to find out prices of singles or doubles if need be as they are almost fully booked already so we’ve gotta get it booked sharpish!

I don’t want any maybe’s, ur in or your out!
This is gonna be a great rideout, I’m very excited!!! :slight_smile:

So who’s game??? Stick ur names below…

Bikergirl 400 mmid2nivag Nice cup of teaLeon1984 - DOUBLEGeoff B - DOUBLEJamie - DOUBLESerrisan - DOUBLE

Any more for any more?!

Finally got the days off eh? Yup I’m definitely up for this one!

Single/ Double price enquiry for me pls - I’m a weird sleeper! :smiley:

If we’re not on hols at the time we might be able to meet you up there - but will have our own accommodation.

This all looks very nice. I could combine this with a visit to the Altberg factory. So a possible yes, subject to approvals.

I’d love to come please!! :slight_smile:

Heya,

I used to live in Cumbria for a while so might be able to give you a few suggestions on routes. But beware, lots of campervans, caravans, cyclists, hikers on the roads within the lake district during summer months. Go just outside it though and it’s biker heaven!! :wink:

ajoe90

How about “fun & frolics” off the road? :stuck_out_tongue: :w00t:

In.

I’m in, and done the admin for the special cases who don’t understand :stuck_out_tongue:

Bikergirl 400
serrisan
bricking it (maybe)
mmid2
chips
nivag
leon1984

Bumping this, come on guys dont be shy! :wink:

Damn it! I really want to do this but I’m already booked for another trip from 19th :frowning:

Will you organise another one? Pleeeaaase? :slight_smile:

Bikergirl 400
serrisan
bricking it (maybe)
mmid2
chips
nivag
leon1984
me_groovy

PS: Laurence, you suck.

Aww no, wouldve been good to have u on board! I’m not sure if another one will be arranged b4 summer is out. I think August is a busy month for lots of peeps.
We’ll see perhaps, I wouldnt rule out another trip somewhere different… :slight_smile:

I’m up for another destination if not Lake District :slight_smile: have to do LD at some point though!

Mian, you’ve got ice cream on your face…

or girls :P:Whistling:

Yes all sorted now:P… so could I be added to the list please:)… Hardknott and Wrynose pass where the roads I was trying to think of at bm really like to ride them…

Single room occupancy or me please:doze:…

Found this ride map me be of interest incorporate some bits…
Lake District rideout map

Bikergirl 400
serrisan
bricking it (maybe)
mmid2
chips
nivag
leon1984
me_groovy
Geoff B

is it this month if so no can doo :crazy:

August Jimbo! :slight_smile:

Have you ever ridden the Hardknott pass? We have and won’t be again. It’s not what you’d call enjoyable.

No I havn’t… just heard it mention so many times over the years and would like to experience it… is really that bad then? I know its a very steep single track but that’s about all…