Ride to Amsterdam anyone?

Babe will you be wearing a big blouse on the day? :laugh:

I think I’ll be Eurotunneling if people are doing that, but ferries are no probs either.

This sounds very good…Oh yea…I’ll be coming on this :laugh: (late birthday party) :smiley:

Jason, the cabins I was talking about are detailed below…

http://www.vliegenbos.com/engels/welcome.html

<a href=UserInfo5957.aspx Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘View Member\s Profile’>View Member’s Profile<a href=BuddyIgnoreList1.aspx?Username=bendy_600RR Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Add to Buddy List’>Add to Buddy List<a href=__doPostBack(‘butSendPrivateMessage’,‘5957’); onmouseover=‘window.status=window.location;return true;’; onmouseout=window.status=’’;return true; Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Send Private Message’>Send Private Message<a href=__doPostBack(‘butSendEmail’,‘5957’); onmouseover=‘window.status=window.location;return true;’; onmouseout=window.status=’’;return true; Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Send Email To Member’>Send Email To Member<a href=__doPostBack(‘butShowMemberPosts’,‘5957’); onmouseover=‘window.status=window.location;return true;’; onmouseout=window.status=’’;return true; Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Find All Member\s Posts’>Find All Member’s Posts’,‘165px’);" onclick=“InstantASP_OpenMenu(’_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl42_smAuthorName’,’_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl42_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer’,’<a href=UserInfo5957.aspx Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘View Member\s Profile’>View Member’s Profile<a href=BuddyIgnoreList1.aspx?Username=bendy_600RR Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Add to Buddy List’>Add to Buddy List<a href=__doPostBack(‘butSendPrivateMessage’,‘5957’); onmouseover=‘window.status=window.location;return true;’; onmouseout=window.status=’’;return true; Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Send Private Message’>Send Private Message<a href=__doPostBack(‘butSendEmail’,‘5957’); onmouseover=‘window.status=window.location;return true;’; onmouseout=window.status=’’;return true; Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Send Email To Member’>Send Email To Member<a href=__doPostBack(‘butShowMemberPosts’,‘5957’); onmouseover=‘window.status=window.location;return true;’; onmouseout=window.status=’’;return true; Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Find All Member\s Posts’>Find All Member’s Posts’,‘165px’);”><A class=SmlBoldLinks id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl42_smAuthorName onmouseover=“window.status = window.location;return true;” onmouseout=“window.status=’’;return true;” href=“void(’’);”>bendy_600RR I am planning on following someone as well as I am sure i will get confused and start riding the wrong side of the road, the wrong way around round abouts etc:hehe: It was cool on the France ride out last year because we rode behind a lead bike in a large group. This group will not be very large but we will ride as a group even if it means a fast group led by She Woolf and a slower group led by… well not me but i’ll be in it:cool: It wont rain so forget about that!

<a href=UserInfo5957.aspx Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘View Member\s Profile’>View Member’s Profile<a href=BuddyIgnoreList1.aspx?Username=bendy_600RR Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Add to Buddy List’>Add to Buddy List<a href=__doPostBack(‘butSendPrivateMessage’,‘5957’); onmouseover=‘window.status=window.location;return true;’; onmouseout=window.status=’’;return true; Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Send Private Message’>Send Private Message<a href=__doPostBack(‘butSendEmail’,‘5957’); onmouseover=‘window.status=window.location;return true;’; onmouseout=window.status=’’;return true; Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Send Email To Member’>Send Email To Member<a href=__doPostBack(‘butShowMemberPosts’,‘5957’); onmouseover=‘window.status=window.location;return true;’; onmouseout=window.status=’’;return true; Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Find All Member\s Posts’>Find All Member’s Posts’,‘165px’);" onclick=“InstantASP_OpenMenu(’_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl42_smAuthorName’,’_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl42_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer’,’<a href=UserInfo5957.aspx Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘View Member\s Profile’>View Member’s Profile<a href=BuddyIgnoreList1.aspx?Username=bendy_600RR Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Add to Buddy List’>Add to Buddy List<a href=__doPostBack(‘butSendPrivateMessage’,‘5957’); onmouseover=‘window.status=window.location;return true;’; onmouseout=window.status=’’;return true; Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Send Private Message’>Send Private Message<a href=__doPostBack(‘butSendEmail’,‘5957’); onmouseover=‘window.status=window.location;return true;’; onmouseout=window.status=’’;return true; Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Send Email To Member’>Send Email To Member<a href=__doPostBack(‘butShowMemberPosts’,‘5957’); onmouseover=‘window.status=window.location;return true;’; onmouseout=window.status=’’;return true; Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Find All Member\s Posts’>Find All Member’s Posts’,‘165px’);”>We might be able to meet up with a Belgium rider who knows a good riding route to Amsterdam without adding on hours to the trip, I will keep you posted.

<a href=UserInfo5957.aspx Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘View Member\s Profile’>View Member’s Profile<a href=BuddyIgnoreList1.aspx?Username=bendy_600RR Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Add to Buddy List’>Add to Buddy List<a href=__doPostBack(‘butSendPrivateMessage’,‘5957’); onmouseover=‘window.status=window.location;return true;’; onmouseout=window.status=’’;return true; Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Send Private Message’>Send Private Message<a href=__doPostBack(‘butSendEmail’,‘5957’); onmouseover=‘window.status=window.location;return true;’; onmouseout=window.status=’’;return true; Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Send Email To Member’>Send Email To Member<a href=__doPostBack(‘butShowMemberPosts’,‘5957’); onmouseover=‘window.status=window.location;return true;’; onmouseout=window.status=’’;return true; Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Find All Member\s Posts’>Find All Member’s Posts’,‘165px’);" onclick=“InstantASP_OpenMenu(’_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl42_smAuthorName’,’_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl42_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer’,’<a href=UserInfo5957.aspx Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘View Member\s Profile’>View Member’s Profile<a href=BuddyIgnoreList1.aspx?Username=bendy_600RR Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Add to Buddy List’>Add to Buddy List<a href=__doPostBack(‘butSendPrivateMessage’,‘5957’); onmouseover=‘window.status=window.location;return true;’; onmouseout=window.status=’’;return true; Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Send Private Message’>Send Private Message<a href=__doPostBack(‘butSendEmail’,‘5957’); onmouseover=‘window.status=window.location;return true;’; onmouseout=window.status=’’;return true; Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Send Email To Member’>Send Email To Member<a href=__doPostBack(‘butShowMemberPosts’,‘5957’); onmouseover=‘window.status=window.location;return true;’; onmouseout=window.status=’’;return true; Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Find All Member\s Posts’>Find All Member’s Posts’,‘165px’);”>We are going to have to book this pretty soon to make sure we get the morning train so if anyone is considering coming, stop the coming and come!! We will try to get a group booking once we know who is on it.

want to go, but my ride is not as sporty and fast as yours( yamaha bulldog), just wonder if it would be difficult for me to keep up with you in a group on motorway. what is your motorway cruising speed, in uk and in europe?

same here, when i first picked up my baby on the wednesday i took her over to belgium that weekend

i went on the ferry nice safe crossing coming back the sea was well rough, and if they had strapped my bike down the way they did going over there it wouldnt be here today

so now when i go to continent me thinks is gonna be eurostar all the way

<A class=SmlBoldLinks id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl9_smAuthorName onmouseover=“window.status = window.location;return true;” onmouseout=“window.status=’’;return true;” href=“void(’’);”>bbsmonk I dont think keeping up will be an issue, I guess it depends on who is going so far it looks like its myself, She Woolf and Afro thats 3 R1’s:D But 2 with pillions:) There will be opportunity to go for a blast in Holland with a local guide to some nice twisty’s but getting there is a road trip and I am absolutely NOT getting more points on my licence, so as i said its not an issue as long as your on a bike thats bigger than a 250cc!! Anyway, i would not leave anyone behind who i was riding with.Ginger, you gonna come along?

as long as i get to share with sherrie lol

CANT mate as i dont get paid till the day after we come back which is a bummer and bike needs a tyre and a 4000 mile service

last time i was done for a lickle over the limit in France, they explained that no points go onto your licence only cash out of your pocket :wink:

would have been cool to tag along on this but my missus wont be away that weekend and theres no way i am risking taking a pillion yet

have fun :slight_smile:

Anyone else going to come along? Confirmed:

RedZ +1

She Woolf

Afro +1

Mmpolska +1

bbsmonk

please count me in. what kind of clothing do you normally wear for a longer trip like this?

I would recomend full protective gear at all times although I do often ignore my own advice and wear jeans etc. For this trip i will wear full leathers tho. You need to take some comfortable smart clothes if you wish to attend any clubs with the Ruff Ryders in the night and for during the day at the bike wash. Whatever fits into a back pack without stressing your shoulders, or buy a net for the back seat to carry a change of clothes and a tooth brush etc.

OK, we plan to book the train tickets this Friday.:smiley: Make yourself known either to myself, Afro or She Woolf if you wanna join us on May 24th.

RedZ,

Thanks for the PM regarding this trip. I didnt reply as I was unsure if I would have a bike…

I dont have my CBR anymore. I now have an RSV Mille, much better for distance work! And it even has an Oxford tailpack that has been modified to lock onto the back where the pillion seat goes.

So, have you booked the tickets yet??

It pains me to tell you all this, but my doc has said no lifting or bike riding. My sternum has not fully recovered after my bike landed on it, so i will not be going to Amsterdam next week. However I WILL be on my bike at some point and hopefully we can organise the trip later in the summer if you are all up for it. Really sorry guys!

New bike sounds good! Change is allways good :smiley:

Two mates out of action… :rolleyes:

You and Roger best hurry the 'uck up :smiley:

Just jokes man…Get well soon bro…Soon be back on two wheels!

Hey chaps, did this ride out ever happen?!?!

Just wondering because I’m planning the same thing 13th to 15th August 2010.
Any advise on what roads to take from Calais to Amsterdam + maybe different ones back?

13th - eurotunnel + ride to Dam
14th - chillax
15th - ride to Calais + eurotunnel

The main thing I need to find out about is parking in Amsterdam!??! Anyone?

Cheers

Did this many years ago and the only way to find safe bike parking then was to book a hotel with underground locking car park - and it was essential - worse than London then for bike theft but not sure what it’s like now.

2 year old thread, nice digging:P

lmao +1

BUT, the Dam does indeed sound interesting… :wink:

Amsterdam is excellent by motorbike, everything is up for grabs, park down the nearest alleyway against a wall and you will be okay.

Theres really one fast route Calais > Antwerp > Breda > Utrecht > Dam.