Rhino Tyre

Have you guys seen this??

https://www.youtube.com/v/GScWPb8qcng&hl=en&fs=1

from http://rhinotire.com/

Be interested to hear from people that have actually used this stuff. By the looks of it one step better that the gooey stuff all tyre people complain about.

That seems too good to be true, wouldnt mind putting it to the test myself.

would it not have to be done evenly over the whole tyre or summat, throw the balancing out?

That looks perfect :slight_smile: I wonder how much it costs ?

I wouldnt be worrying about that on my bike, i dont have mine balanced in the first place :smiley:

THEY HAVE A PRICE GUIDE ON THIER SITE, FOR MY BLADE A REAR MICHELIN 2CT IS ABOUT 290. DOLLARS, SO ABOUT 145.00 QUID I RECKON, ? NOT TO BAD WOUL DLIKE TO HEAR IF ANYBODY HAS USED THIS.

What’s wrong with Ultraseal?

Ultraseal is good! I don’t think it would’ve sealed the holes from the screws that the guy buzzed in though! I think they quote that Ultraseal can seal a hole upto 5mm thick… It doesn’t quite! From experiance it could be better! This Rhinotire seems like a good product! Looks like it sits fairly solid in the tyre too which is probably a better idea than the Ultraseal that rolls around loose in your tyre. One problem that some people have complained about with the Ultrseal is that at low speeds you can feel it slushing around inside the front tyre. I’ve only really heard of it in big things like Pan-Europeans but it makes sense! Got to be worth a try…

Rhinotire! Made in America for real Americans! Buy a pair of tires and get a free shotgun!

Just out of curiosity - would anyone feel comfy jumping on that bike and doing 140+?

Exactly… their testing only goes up to 75mph. If you intend to go any faster than that… i would think twice about using such a product.

So basically, you run over a nail and know nothing about it. Now, if you’re anything like me and decide to find 3rd gear and above, you’re in the poops. And how much?

Sorry, I think the idea is great, but unless you can match the testing with realistic modern sportbike speeds, then you’re on to an expensive disaster.

Oh that’s a shame! Ultraseal wins then! That’s speed tested to something like 150 give or take… can’t remember! Guess that’s what you get from the country that brings us Harley Davidsons and ‘Craziest Police Chases’ where ‘this crazy fools doing 90mhp down the freeway!’… Crazy!:doze:

I’ve found Ultraseal to cause vibration at 100 odd mph (max 128, it was just to unsafe). Couldn’t balance the tyre either. The tyre ran cooler hence longer life but added weight which effects going, stopping, fuel consumption & handling (centerfugal force n’all that). Depends on the size of your bike really. Scooter 50cc or 125 maybe ok. Not a 600 or bigger sports bike tho.

Stay away from the gutter,dirty traffic islands, building sites etc and carry a good puncture kit.