Retro games

This thread is funny, it’s like retro is defined by how old you are. How can PS2 be retro?

I liked Space Channel 5 and Space Channel 5 part 2 (Dreamcast and PS2 respectively).

Other than that:

Sonic 2 (Megadrive)

Mickey Mouse Castle of Illusion (Megadrive)

Road Rash I (Megadrive) The music alone was inspirational, plus that Natasha Bird was nice.

I found Ecco the Dolphin a bit frustrating.

Plus I remember buying Sega magazines purely for the cheats.

Talk about retro, one step up from pong, ye olde… Tempest… :smiley:

I never really played console games, but… Goldeneye, big time!

Even in the 80’s it was computer games such as Defender of the Crown.

Ecco the dolphin annoyed the crap out of me

Xenon 2

Cannon fodder

Road rash

Cannon fodder I got so peed when my highest rank dude died when I’ve had him since mission one

:slight_smile: WAR, never been so much fun! :slight_smile:

I always think back to my Amiga days in the early 90’s when I reminisce about games:

Megalomania ‘You’ve advanced a tech level’ :smiley:
Speedball 2
Alien Breed
Flashback
Monkey Island 1 & 2
The Chaos Engine
Sensible Soccer

For me some of the best times in my life was when I ran a games shop in 1992-93 just as the Megadrive and SNES were taking off. We sold Jap import Street Fighter 2 cartridges for the SNES for £110 a go and they were flying out of the shop. Crazy times. Console wise, I still think that Super Mario World for the SNES is one of the greatest games ever made. Perfect learning curve from easy to bastard hard (SPECIAL levels) and uncovering all 92 levels was what kept its appeal. Still play it with an emulator from time to time.

GTA1
cannon fodder
Assasins Creed 2
Sega rally on the saturn

How is Assasin’s Creed 2 a retro game? :stuck_out_tongue:

cos it was out a long while ago :stuck_out_tongue:

Mind you, it does say

So I’d have to include

Bioshock - PS3 :smiley:

Spent some time the past few days setting up a few old games on my (Nvidia Shield) TV.
I have some emulators running Nintendo gamecube, Wii and N64 games as well as some older arcades.

Game On!

Have you got goldeneye!

That and Half Life on the PC were my favourite games

yep :wink:

1 Like

What’s your set up, would love to play that again!

I’m using retroarch with an N64 core

Plus the Goldeneye ROM (Google it)

@Curtis

3 Likes

btw you can also run these on your phone/ tablet.
all you need is a bluetooth controller (a ps4 one can connect to your phone) or get a dedicated controller

That looks quite cool actually…

I tried a few emulators back in the day on my PC. TBH I was always after the old arcade games, rather than console.
Run n Gun & Killer Instinct were two of my favourite

I also always wanted to try again Bermuda Syndrome - the old PC game but never got hold of a working version.

I never had a gaming console growing up - we were always a PC family :smiley:. My first console was the PS1 with Syphon Filter (amazing game, well worth the hours invested in it at the time…)

Now I just don’t have the time anymore.

1 Like