Retro clothing/army surplus shops.

Does anyone know of any good retro clothing stores in London that do 30’s, 40’s or 50’s style clothing, or maybe a decent army surplus shop?

I’m specifically looking for military stuff right now, but if anyone has any ideas that would be great. :smiley:

er the only decent places I knew of where in the stables area of Camden market…

Is that the bit that burnt down?!? :unsure:

Im not to sure lol, havent been there in almost a year

might have stuff in loft what ya after ?

or there is a massive place just south of REDHILL towards gatwick :slight_smile:

I’m after some khaki/brown overalls in the first place, plus a peaked cap in brown but I think that’ll have to be a collectors shop…

I haven’t been there for years but there was an armed forces collectible place in Greenwich Market on a Sunday – upstairs at the back of the big carpark (not in the covered market area, across the road from there on the southern side).

That’s typical, 5 mins from my front door and I didn’t even know it was there!

Thanks Zeus, I think I may have to go for a wander and see if there’s anything else I’ve missed lately. :smiley:

camden market is a good place to start looking, or you could try the army memorobilia shop at islington green. if you fancy a trot out then the army and navy in slough is good too.

have fun

Ya got a really good army surplus store in crews hill, enfield

http://www.laurencecorner.co.uk/inside.htm

Where the bl00dy hell is that???:w00t:

WAS THERE A FEW MONTHS AGO. ALSO A GUY THERE THAT DOES GD BIKE LEATHERS ETC:P

Camping & Army Surplus Store Address
Address:
37 The Cut
Lambeth
London
SE1 8LF
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7928 4110

Lewis Surplus‎ - more info »
722 Old Kent Rd, London, SE15 1NG‎ - 020 77320258‎
Write a review
"We are an army surplus and military store

Tim - few of my mates do WW2 shows etc so I’ll ask them where they get their stuff from tomorrow.

Theres an army surplus place on Whitfield St just off of Tottenham Court Road but I dont remember seeing any brown overalls or peaked hats when I was in there a few weeks ago, mainly more modern stuff.

There’s an Army Surplus store in Croydon, on Church Street. I remember it well from my days in the cadets! :smiley:

There’s a great vintage shop in Waterloo called Radio Days, too: http://www.radiodaysvintage.co.uk/contact.html

I got a three-piece 1930s hand-made zoot suit for 90 quid there. And the best pair of bell-bottoms ever. :slight_smile: