Research project on bikers in London

It’s true that in the past identity was much more to do with image, mainly due to the strictures of society requiring pigeonholes for people to place themselves in (or outside). I suppose you could argue that Marlon Brando had a lot to do with the image adopted by 50’s and 60’s Rockers for instance, and maybe Mad Max tapped into something in the '80’s. But if you are asking about the present I reckon it’s more complicated than that and the mixture of factors affecting identity and community are wider and more interesting.:)I’ve edited this as I’ve just read you earlier post saying you are concentrating on the idea of reinforcement of identity by media representations…but I do think you should make that clearer in the topic title.One of the best things about this forum is the shock and awe you experience when you meet someone in the flesh for the first time at the BM for instance and think…wow can that really be x from the forum?..some peoples on-line persona really is projecting a totally different image from reality.:wink: