Removing the Nose cone...

Hey fellow bikers…

quick question… is it easy to remove the nose cone (fairing) of a bike and does it get more complicated than unscrewing screws … i.e. does it involve me fiddling with the electrics of the bike?

Am planning to replace the nose cone tomorrow sometime with the aid of a beer and a few different sizes of allen key… and hopefully some sunshine…

either way… how long do u reckon it’ll take me considering i’ve never done it before and are there any potential pitfalls that i should look out for?

C

Would help if we knew what bike it was? In theory its straight forward. You may well find it easier to disconnect the lights from the wiring loom if the lights are attached to the nose cone. If they are not attached it will hopefully just be a case of take one nose cone off and replace with another.

Suggest that before you tighten nose cone screws you get the cone on with all screws in a small amount before you tighten down. This means that there is still a little amount of movement which will help you line everything back up.

Its the Triumph Daytona 650 - 2005 model…

if anyone has any insight it would be helpful…

C

It’s not really complicated but it is a bit fiddly. Not sure about the Truimph but most sports bike’s top fairings are the more or less the same.

You’ll have to get off the screws on the outside panel, they’ll probably be some on the inside lip and the underneath of the nose cone, the fairing/mirror/clock bracket and you also may have to disconnect the headlight if it comes off with the nose cone.

Shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes.

In my experience, it’s straight-forward, though can be fiddly. You have to be careful, as the nose has some weight, with the headlights, so can drop out of its mounts suddenly when you’re undoing things, so take your time and support it well.