Red meets the Road

Really sorry to hear about the off and the bill, Ochh!!!

But really, looking at it, you can only live and learn from it… at least your not hurt… remember, bikes can always be repaired…

hope it is a fault of the bike and so covered by warranty,

in that case could you claim on the textiles only?

Thank you angel and you are right but I’m not down about it, and my blessings have been counted - its part of biking I guess.

And Panagoitis; yep intending to do that as its a different insurance company :slight_smile:

It’s good that you managed to replicate the fault in front of the engineer.

Nothing worse than an intermittent fault that never happens until you leave the workshop:w00t:

Well after waiting for 10 days for Chiswick to get the software to diagnose the bike, they said theres not a problem with it so I will have to progress the insurance claim. Gah.

I really want to know exactly what happened as its knocked my confidence with the bike, they say some water must have got into something somewhere which is not really specific enough is it?

Anyway the parts are on order and I am progressing the claim.

surely since they made it happen again at the garage they should have a better answer for you:doze:

+1

??

I’m sorry but I wouldn’t accept that as an answer.

If it coughs again, get straight back on to Honda again. You may not be so lucky next time.

+1

Bet the bike has a throttle position or some other sensor (air pressure) fault that Honda are yet to acknowledge.

I hear the new Blade burns a lot of oil and has bodywork and exhaust finish issues, so not so confident on that reputed Honda build quality anymore.

Keep detailed notes on all costs involved with this…As if Honda ever do acknowledge it as a fault (maybe with a recall) then I would seek compensation.

Well got things moving by coughing up myself. Got the bike back today. They insist its a “water in some kinda electrics somewhere” thing, and therefore not a warrenty issue, but they say they reset the ECU.

Anyway its running fine now, just need to try and get the sponderoonies back from the insurance company, although I’m half tempted to just bite it and protect my no-claims tbh…

Onwards.

I have just had contact from another CB1000R owner through this forum stating the same thing happened to them also and the bike threw them off. I have lost 6 years No Claims Bonus progressing the insurance claim, if this turns out to be an issue with the bike I will be rapidly kicking some honda arse let me tell you.

Thanks so much to the CB owner who contacted me.

Water in the electrics seems to be the favourite get out clause for Chiswick Honda. I’ve heard them using the same excuse with friends in the past. I can remember there was a post on here some time back about someone with a CBF600 which had some poor running issues and as ever Chiswick Honda blamed it on ’ water in the electrics’ as ever.

They are correct in saying that water getting into the electrics isn’t a warranty problem, it’s a design problem! Your bike is brand new and shouldn’t have any problems with water ingress causing poor running. If this is the case and it’s getting water in somewhere and causing the problem then they need to investigate and repair the problem and not fob you off with poor excuses.

By their own logic, if the poor running is caused by water ingress then the problem is down to their poor design so your accident is also down to their poor design and therefore the bike is not fit for purpose, ie taking it out in the rain!

I’d be sending a letter to Honda UK explaining the situation and mentioning the other owner who’s had the same problem and asking them what they are going to do to rectify the situation.

It really gets my back up when manufacturers try to dodge their responsibility to customers :crazy: