Recommended Bike/Scooter Locksmith - South London

Hiya,

Someone tried to nick my scooter (Piaggio BV350) the other day and they drove a screw into the ignition barrel. I managed to undo the screw and the key goes back in but I cannot turn the key now. I suppose I need to replace the ignition barrel. 

Can anyone recommend a reliable and not overly expensive mechanic / locksmith for the job? I am located in SW which can be important as I cannot move the scooter at the moment.

As this has never happened to me before, do you know how much I should expect to pay for the service?

Many thanks.

Your priority ought to be to get the scooter moved, since if they’re aware that they’ve immobilised it it’s likely the would-be thieves will be back for another go.

If you can get hold of a lock barrel it’s probably really not that tricky to fit - what year is the bike?

Mac Motorsbike in Tooting !!!

Your priority ought to be to get the scooter moved, since if they're aware that they've immobilised it it's likely the would-be thieves will be back for another go.
If you can get hold of a lock barrel it's probably really not that tricky to fit - what year is the bike?
Big Red S
Cheers. It's 2013. I have never replaced the barrel so not sure how difficult it can be to remove it. Also, this may not be relevant but I cannot open the front cover at the moment which can be needed to get access to the lock. 

It has been a while since they messed with the scooter so hopefully they won’t come back. Fingers crossed.

Mac Motorsbike in Tooting !!! IMORTAL_Indian
Thanks. I'll get in touch with them to see if they can help.

I thought I’d update the thread as I had some serious problems finding someone who would do the job at my place. There are quite a few places in London that said they were happy to fix the lock as long as I delivered the scooter to them. Unfortunately, most of them wanted to replace the whole lock using original Piaggio parts rather than replacing the barrel only. 

Anyway, I have found a motorcycle locksmith and I can really recommend him. His name is Tony and his company name is OZgoods Autolocksmiths (http://www.ozgoodsautolocksmiths.co.uk/).

He was pretty much the only one who agreed to fix the scooter at mine (well, apart form two complete time wasters). He was also very helpful from the start and responded to my e-mails promptly. He is very professional, knows his stuff and doesn’t give up easily. On top of that charges very reasonable rates for his services.

Oh, fantastic! Bit of an arse that it took a while to find someone, but glad to hear you got it sorted in the end!

Sounds like a good company to be aware of.

I had exactly this same problem - very hard to find a locksmith who was either a) willing to work on bike/scooters or b) actually willing to come out to me instead of arranging for a delivery of the bike to them. In the end I did manage to get a locksmith but he couldn’t fix it so had to get the whole thing to In Moto near Croydon for Piaggio lock replacement. Pricey!

My ignition died, I tried to replace it my self but couldn’t get the duff one out.  So i wired in the new one somewhere random.  I now have 2 ignitions, one does the steering lock the other one starts.