I am not one for staying inside. We all know it is now legal to ride. Some will, some won’t. No wahalla.
But if you do, a few reasons to take it easy on your first rideout.
- You havent been out for a while, so will be out of practice.
- Many vehicles have got used to seeing no one at junctions, they wont have seen bikes for a while, they are out of practice.
- Those bits on the middle of the road we like to use to make progress, they are full of shit as nothing has been on them for weeks.
- There may be plenty of other over excited bikers out there.
- The old bill will be looking for you, more than ever.
- Ambulance responses are slower than normal (I think?)
- You dont want to end up in hospital when the NHS is stretched.
- Your bike might be rusty. Check yer lights, pressures, brakes!
Here endeth the lecture, seriously guys, I am going out once the sun is out but be careful if you’re out for the first time in 7 weeks.