Really annoyed... Metropolis servicing

£825 ? To service what is a very simple engine and change tyres / pads ?
That is breathtakingly expensive - fair play, dealers do add a bit of a mark up to tyres and stuff to turn a profit, but that is just utter, utter madness !

I was planning to take my bike there for service next week but look elsewhere now.

Essential Rubber fit the tyres in front of you for free. It doesn’t take very long. Be good to see you out on the iron horse again.

If I was you, I would call them up (or ask somebody else) and ask for a quote to have 2 tyres and brake pads fitted and compare it to your bill, then chalenge it.

you should look up for there web site. and let every one know on there review

watlings fit the pads for free if the wheels is off already having tires fitted so yes they are taking the **** but that is metropolis for you all ways been the same

doubt it, that’s a bloomin brake service!

£825???!!! That’s more than a flippin Ducati full service innit? Goodness me

Whilst I think you have a good point there, in this case it ignores the fact that she’d put her bike in for a full service, so surely servicing the brakes would be part of that already?

In which case the only extra labour involved in replacing the brake pads is removing the packaging that the new pads are in & putting them in the calipers rather than sticking the old ones back in.

hmm just wondering did it list the Mot in the breakdown pricing structure ?

And if the bike was Mot’d before service and the pads were in such a low state that they had to be replaced to allow a pass cert to be issued then that may be why but as you say that tyres required as well again you would think that it would be combined effort but not knowing if tyres were near end of legal life.

ooohhhh… is there a thing as good ‘after service’ in this place??

Developments: After taking the bike out @ 100miles, have a concern that there is air in the brake fluid (after taking the bike out during the week, ended my journey at home and observed a ‘bubbling’ effect happening near/ in brake area on a very hot bike)…

… SO …

… just rung Metrolpolis back up to report this (having spent so much on a service I expect the bike to be working without any safety issues). period. Brakes are working, but it sounds like I have air in the front brake fluid.

they have offered to look over this bike (this was settled as Monday, when I may have time to take it in), but no guarentee that any futher work will be covered as included in the pervious service. (i.e. a charge will be incurred) - I requestioned this several times as I had paid for a service and would not expect to be charged for anything else.

So… I’m wondering if they have every heard of ‘after service’???

Thoughts please - I just need a bike in for service, without issues - definately not returning next time! I may even stump up now to go somewhere else…

You only have to search Metropolis on this forum to see a lot of bad feedback about them. Just from this forum, I know their riding school and clothing section is good, but servicing and any after sales service is pants.

Go there in person, take a man with you (sad in this day and age but necessary) and talk to the manager, nobody else. Cause a scene at the shop and don’t leave until you get a satisfactory outcome.

You can include pre-sales in that list too.

reme,ber if you do make a scene do it in a non theatrical way BUT …make sure other customers are in earshot…make sure you voice your concerns regarding the safety issues but make VALID points . write down all the issues you wish to Raise and don’t go off on tangents…

Ask for an explaination on each point raised so dont rattle the list off in one go do it point by point…

Metropolis (Vauxhall?) are notoriously bad for servicing on Ducati forums.

I’ve never used them myself, but I’ve been told the mechanics there are ****. Sounds like they’ve “itemised” assuming you wouldn’t challenge the costs, but it’s probably gonna be tough to argue. :frowning:

Take it to Tri-moto in Greenwich matey;)

i can change brake pads in 20 mins with the wheels on and thats not rushing about either,

metroplis is a bad place to go

when you go for a service ask for all extra work to be authorised by you(so they dont just go ahead and do it), and an explanation as to why there replaceing the part(s) you then say u have to chk yr bank balance and put the phone down, then you go ask a mechanic or friend in the know if everything sounds right and take there advice,

then ring em up and tell to box it up(ignore there scare monger tactics coz u have been given advice elsewhere) or authorise them to carry out the work, but they must return you the used parts as well, you can chuck em in the bin down the road

The Metropolis labour costs for Ducati’s are £90 per hour!