Range Rover runs over multiple bikers!!!!!

The driver used to live in London (assuming this is the same chap, name’s the same) so he’s probably used to all motorcyclists being such nice, friendly types, he suddenly finds some that aren’t so friendly, it sends him into shock and he loses control of his right foot…

See… now’s the time we expect kaos to weigh in and explain how little people understand about justice and its myriad implications depending on how good (read: well educated/paid) a lawyer you can afford… :slight_smile:

Sorry Blade but those not reputable sources, and both are probably taking their information from the live leak page, would be best to wait for a proper news report before taking that as gospel.

As to the law, I don’t think you would be able to claim self-defence in this country on the basis of what is seen in the video.

Something is going on before the video starts. Right at the beginning there is something going on between the bike that got hit and the driver. The rider is riding alongside and seems to be saying something before he moves forward, cuts in front and brakes causing the original impact. If a biker does that when you are surrounded by bikes are you going to wind down the window in a country full of firearms? .

Thought I was watching mad max

It doesn’t look as if they are looking for a friendly chat when they surround the car forcing it to a stop. I think mob mentality took over, the driver feared for his life and took off.

I think it’s easy to pass judgment, however, when presented with that situation you may act differently. It notes at the end that his tires were slashed. I assume the bikers had time to stop along the way to pick up a Stanley knife and they weren’t just carrying one as part of their tool kit for running repairs such as trimming cable ties.

The way you write it makes it sound like the bike cut in front and did an emergency stop.

I don’t remember seeing it that way. I saw the bike move in front of the vehicle and slow down. The vehicle didn’t slow down and hit the bike.

Now I have not forensically examined the video, but I certainly didn’t watch it and think, wow that was the bikers own fault for cutting in front and slamming on his anchors.

Well everyone will see something different true we did not see the start
But it looked like the first bike taped his brake to light up the brake light then rolled the throttle shut
Not a hard braking, how many on this site can say that you have not done the same at some point
The driver of the SUV played a game of chicken and lost or won
Could not see what happened when he pulled over the first time I don’t think he was trying to run anyone over
just push the bikes out of the way
Quick thinking at the last stop some bikes going and stopping the traffic in front of him
Did he get what he deserved. Only one person can decide and that’s him
My first post on LB which did not go down very well talked a bit about car drivers
I started riding at the tale end of the hells angles so cars gave you space on the roads
Cars will now push you over into the gutter now and smile when doing it
Feel free to kick the crap out of this post
Pin

Only in America

at 4:10 they left a corner man

Yeah, it was a Jetstream rideout…

Apparently he’s still stood there waiting :stuck_out_tongue:

If your 5 year old child was in the back of the car when that lot descended on you, what would you do?

You of course can’t hear the exchange of words in the video. Probably wasn’t polite.

Weapons were present after all.

and the headline in The Times this morning reads

‘Manhattan bikers terrorise family’

looks like the biker stopped in front off the RR was nudged, to be fair if i was in the RR and surrounded by bikers i would have driven over the bike to get away.
he prob sh1t himself and had no where to go,

It’s a tough one this because I think yes the RR driver was intimdated by the group after knocking another rider. You can’t see what was said or done while the rider with the camera waits. I agree that to run over several bikers is not acceptable but in the same instance it’s not acceptable to damage someones car/act aggressive after an accident. This is all speculation though and all the statements are going to be different but I’d suggest the guy was fleeing in fear and rightly so when you see the guys attack the car later on in the video is frightening.

i dont care if he had family. it escalated when he drove deliberately over the bikers. RR drivers fault!!!

i hate hate hate the DM! would love to set light to the HQ!

I would have been EXTREMELY careful not to have driven into the back of one of the motorcycles in the first place or otherwise wind them up in any way, whether he braked suddenly in front of me or not. From then on I would have just tried to sort it out as civilly as possible. Positively the last thing I would have done was to have then used the RR as a weapon to run over bikes and/or their riders.

Well, that was out of context. Reminds me of the ‘glory days’ of Critical Mass…

Yeah there are predictably more videos up now. These bikes weren’t exactly doing “ride of respect” type behaviour. Remember filtering in illegal in most of the US (including NY state).

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3cd_1380579664

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-For-Jay-Meezee/411664345601619

Check this out is biker that got ran over