RAC....not happy....!

So…I’m off to le mans for the moto gp…I’m a member of the RAC and thought I’d give them a call to get breakdown cover for Europe…no problem, good price for the top cover…cool… Bloke on the phone then says…“do you have travel insurance?” nope I say… ok would you like me to transfer you our insurance office…? Ok then seeing that I got a fairly good deal on the breakdown cover…

Get through to a lady and tell her I’d like travel insurance for a short trip to France…ok she says…how you getting there?..bike I say…

Get ready for this…

QUOTE: sorry we can’t cover you for a bike because they are “DANGEROUS”…ARRRHHGHGHG WHAT THE FUCK!!!

So…as calmly as I can I ask if they do cover for skiing trip’s…?..oh yes she replied…no problem…

I reply with…(shouting) SO I CAN GO TO THE TOP OF A FUCKING MOUNTAIN, STRAP TWO BITS OF WOOD TO MY FEET, HOLD ON TO TWO FOUR FOOT SPIKES AND CHUCK MYSELF DOWN THIS MOUNTIAN AT ABOUT 50MPH…AND YOUR TELLING ME THAT BIKES ARE DANGEROUS…? ARE YOU FUCKING SURE!!!

SLAM GOES THE PHONE…AAAAAAARRRHFHFHHFDGHFSDFSKJBF

Rant over…oooo I feel better now…

RAC are cocks, i worked for them for 5 years, but i like ya style

Like your style Nick! Their response sucks. I’ve had a bad experience with RAC before, I’d never go back.

Now owned by Norwich union, who are owned by RBS Royal Bank of Scotland.

RAC autowindscreens technicians are soon to be installing trackers, please don’t ask

They’re taking over the world :o

Nice respone! Lost a pair of glasses into the sea in South Africa last month, we were in the middle of nowhere so reported it to Nat West insurance on my return (also Royal Bank of Scotland). Claim rejected as I made no crime report at a police staion within 24 hours. What a bunch of cocks, there was no crime comitted and I was in the middle of nowhere! Nice letter off to the insurance ombidsman and a good rant to the dork at the insurance company!!

Lol! Great response, but there are no people (? are they human) in boxes on slopes so it is probably slightly safer.

Love your reply… Who have you got to cover you now???

not sorted anything yet…someone told me try the post office personal travel insurance…

I was about to say try the post office.

Like the way you handled that, never used the RAC myself but reading the above I doubt I ever will the AA are good to me, though I never had to call them for anything involving the Gixxer

norwhich union are owned by aviva who own a worldwide group of insurance companys under the aviva brand RBS aint nothing to do with it they just share a joint venture in business there is no ownership between the companys although i dint like the company i did listen to what went on, as for trackers its not a tracker its a pay as you go insurance black box which has been in the pipeline for some two years so dont worry its not a stolen and track device although could be used to locate a stolen car, it holds the infomation and sends it back once in evey 24 hours you then only pay for insurance you use

it is a tracker Flats, I’ve installed about 50 of them It performs in exactly the same way as any other GPS/GSM based tracking device on the market.

It’s called ‘Pay as you Drive’ and an IBM tracking device, GPS/GSM is installed in the car and wired to ignition/live/earth.

The device records Speed, distance, location, driving hours and mileage.
They use this data to assess your premiums. The data can be requested any time and the device can be used to track your location to 2metres.
Insurance claims are highest between 11pm and 7am so the less you drive in these hours, the lower your premium.

I went on a training course at Norwich union 2 years ago to be trained for the 10’000 unit pilot. After that was completed the device is to be rolled out, it was going to be looked after by Vanguard, a large installation company I used to do a lot of subcontract work for.

This fell through and the plan was for the RAC to do it, they have been recruiting engineers for this sole purpose, but I also found out some of the windscreen fitters will be trained.

This WAS going to be my ticket to the bahamas but now it’s all been taken in house, oh well, off to pastures new

dont like the sound of that…!!!too much big bruva…

hi all just taken a single trip insurance with churchill 8 days under £12 covers bikes as long as you have license and lid