R6 08 + SL1000 Mille 05

Hi All,

two bikes for sale, me and my garage-sharing mate selling for different reasons:

me raising cash for a new non-bike-related project and my mate for not enough use of his current bike.

They are:

1) Yamaha R6 08 (reg 58) Graphite Grey with the following details:

Bought from George White in Sept 08 (under warranty) and had installed by the dealer:

• Datatool Alarm

• R&G Crash Bungs

• Arrow Exhaust (+ original)

• Tail tidy (+ original)

• Double bubble Screen (+ original)

• Mono seat (+ original)

Mint with 1700 dry miles. First 600mls service just a couple of months ago.

Asking £6100 ono.

2) Aprilia SL1000R Mille 05 red and black (black frame) - (last model made, earlier models known as Falco):

Bought exactly a year ago from a mature rider in Ashford who had barely run it in since purchase (from DK Motorcycles) - 1490 miles.

Since then I had it serviced at Southern Cross at 2700mls who commented at delivery “hey, that’s a clean bike!” and barely covered another 5000 miles.

Following extras added:

• Laserline 3 Alarm

• Ixil double Exhausts (£600 - + originals given)

• Tail Tidy (+ original)

• K&N Filter (doesn’t make a lot of difference from Aprilia original but hey, better breathing + insurance approved)

• Small Led indicators (fatwas were issued against originals)

• New Dunlop Roadsmarts 1000mls ago from Essential Rubber + 2nd MOT.

Mint dry weekend miles – always garaged and oiled – gruntier and more mid-range (and comfier) than the early RSV Mille.

Asking £3500.

Don’t see many around of this model, if unfamiliar: http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/roadtests/122_0008_aprilia_sl1000_road_test/index.html

See picts. More picts + viewing avail.

E17 based. PM if interested.

Thanks

Attachments

DSCF1180--8589483793462275808.JPG

DSCF1181--8589483793462119558.JPG

P1000755--8589483793461807058.JPG

that SL is awesome looking bike, sounds sweeet too, i’ve heard it around the way’s;)

i’d sell my SV for that bike…now that is something!

seriously tho that bike is loverly, and ya dont see many about:cool:

Thanks Ratty,indeed I’m loathed to sell this bike for the reasons that, amongst others, as you say it is a pretty rare, fairly well kept secret of a very well built superbike which is already reaching cult following in various forums in the UK and US - especially for the (at present) relative low prices it seems to command.
It has in the last couple of years featured in BIKE magazine’s “bikes of the new millennium to get hold of” (for future high values as classics).

It seems that the reasons for the above was due to Aprilia’s ill-fated decision to launch it at the same time as the ‘all-out superbike’ but more ubiquitous RSV and the naked ‘streetfigher’ version Tuono, as a ‘in between’ SL (Superlight) R version of the two (I guess a bit like having a GSXR750 instead of the 600 over the Thou - although all three Aprilias did share the same engine).
Although it did receive pretty good reviews at the launch, it remained overshadowed by the other two - plus the over £8K launch price didn’t help either.

So Aprilia for a marketing point of view decided to reduce the price which went as down as £6350 new! That consequently drove down second-hand prices dramatically for such a good-spec bike (unique aluminium light frame, Rotax counter-balanced RSV V60 with higher torque, Brembos, Showas, Marzocchis, in board lap-timer, etc…). Then Before they would start to reap the fruits they decided to stop production altogether in 2005.

Really I’m not trying to bo**ock you guys over my sale, if I didn’t have the need to raise some funds (yup, recession et al…) I don’t think I’d dream of selling this bike, especially such a late model (SL Mille 05R) with low miles.

In view of that I understand that £3500 might seem a bit high on Parkers’ prices, hence I am considering offers in between that and 3k.

Cheers and happy rides.

Ps: The BCR ride just seems to be made for this bike, in town it just does not work as well - I know that does not help the sale but that’s a Fact!

Attachments

P1000692.JPG

P1000780.JPG

P1000760.JPG