Question on parking bay etiquette.

You have to ask yourself the question, would you push someones car out the way to park yours? No, didnt think so. Had a few people try it with my Husky when I had it and as it had a hair trigger side stand it fell over easily. I caught a scooterist doing this when returning to my bike, it was not pleasant. He claimed that he was just “trying to park” I put the car question to him and he said there was no way he would move a car to fit in. I think he then twiiged. I took him to the nearest bank and made him pay me for a new hand grip. I dont think he did it again. Also Holborn area btw.

yes of course it would be too much to ask to get this ?

there wouldn’t be enough bays if they marked them like that

depends what you value more ? your bike not getting trashed or having to park further away. Also it is quite easy for Westminster to make more bays and bigger ones. Near our bike bays there are loads of car bays which are always empty during the day. Can even be innovative and do markey bays on pavements like in Paris.

haha, I did that a few years back.

Some w@nky bmw moved the bike next to me, and then squeezed his bike between us - leaning onto my exhaust - pushing it in slightly.

Stupid idiot didn’t even use a disc lock - so I took it out of gear, and left it on the double yellow.

Then came out to find that the bike had been removed… GOOD. Go find another bay. Don’t touch my F@ckin bike. And definately don’t lean your shite on it!

Think I made my feelings clear on that one!

Unfortunately, most of the useless, inconsiderate, cbt-licence-only-and-no-skill, car-driver-mentality feckwits don’t read forums like this and aren’t interested in what we have to think.

They want to squeeze their bike in the tightest space possible without regard to others. I hate it and generally try to give public bays a miss (but i’m thankfully able to park in a private underground office car park)

I get a simular thing happen to me, where a guy with a very common name that I have spoken to in the past parks his bike right ontop of mine, mirrors knocked the lot.

But the problem is, my bay never gets that busy to justify his closeness.

I think he does it cos he cant get that close to me in real life.

me too, for the short term. my office is moving and there’s no bike parking at the new place, so i can take my chances in the crowded public bay outside the office (feck that) or walk half a mile or so from baynard house car park. it’s underground and dry, free, always has spaces and security patrol it regularly. recommended!

In Milan (and I believe Paris) they have steel hoops to delineate parking spaces.

Confirmed: http://ukfrancebikers.com/2009/10/11/motorcycle-parking-in-milan-an-example-to-follow-for-westminster/
(Photos included.)

Simple solution.