PSA: London nightrider roads closing

In case you didn’t hear about it, roads are closing from 10:30pm tomorrow night to 10am Sunday morning. 

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.4956703,-0.1213425,12z/data=!4m3!15m2!1m1!1s%2Fg%2F11g0lcg3kh

Good luck closing all them roads!!

Roads are not closed on this event .

https://www.nightrider.org.uk/faqs

Are the roads closed?

No, you will be cycling on open roads. The route is fully signposted. You will follow the signs and you can cycle at your own pace. Please also note there are no marshals en-route, other than at the designated break stops. You will need to be confident cycling in traffic

my mistake. 

correction: watch out for there being a lot of cyclists on the roads in the middle of the night.

I wonder if The Mets finest will be out to police any road traffic infringements?

In spite of the organisers statement that ‘Nightrider is not a sportive’ there will be more lycra clad idiots than you could shake a stick at jumping red lights, off siding traffic islands and ignoring as many Rules of the Road as they can.

Where is the like button?

I wonder if The Mets finest will be out to police any road traffic infringements?
In spite of the organisers statement that 'Nightrider is not a sportive' there will be more lycra clad idiots than you could shake a stick at jumping red lights, off siding traffic islands and ignoring as many Rules of the Road as they can.
National Treasure
Nah, just like with the bigger motorbike events they'll likely be doing it all rather more manually with officers overruling traffic lights to enourage the flow. Generally they're not too hot on traffic laws at this sort of thing (whether motorised or not) and more interested in everything going smothly and safely than pedantically correctly.

Add in smoking weed and texting and you’ve got a pretty good description of standard Saturday night driving in London.

Did you have to put down your copy of the daily mail to write all that?

Did you have to put down your copy of the daily mail to write all that?
Like 👍