Professional photoshoot - any interest?

I’m thinking of doing a photo-shoot with a friend (who’s a professional photographer), and was wondering if anyone else would be interested? Could potentially make a day of it if we have enough people. I’ve seen several posts from people here when they’ve had something similar done, and thought it could be of interest to a wider crowd.

If you would be interested, please let me know. We’re looking at a maximum of 15 people for the day, at £100.00 per person. Each rider would get up to 30 pictures or so to keep.

What’s more, we will hopefully be able to get some nice looking models to come along and drape themselves over your bike! (now how’s that for an incentive!).

If interested, please PM me. I’m happy to give a link to her website privately, but as some of the material is NSFW, I’m not posting it here

:slight_smile:

Edit: Adding a list of people interested

-The Sleeper

-Joby

I’d be interested (assuming I ever get my bike back). But I’d like to see what the cost comes out at so keep me posted.

Not sure what I’d reasonably want to pay for a pic of my bike, but if I look at it and think it is reasonable I would (if you know what I mean)

I’d be interested. Prepared to pay about 2 bags.

If we could get 20 people interested, I’d say it could be around £100.00 a person or less. Bearing in mind the amount of time that it takes to edit and touch up pics, I think it’s alright. If we have more people, the price would go down (I haven’t negotiated the final costs, as need to gauge numbers. If it’s over a certain number of people, then editing wouldn’t be able to be done the same day, which is what I’ve assumed with the above example).

Here’s a quick example as a sample which she took a week ago in Central London without being touched up (yes, the bike needs a clean, yes it still looks better than me, etc!)

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

That’s a pro shoot …
With a disk lock still in Place and in Full View … slightly ruins the pic in my opinion .

That's a pro shoot ... With a disk lock still in Place and in Full View .... slightly ruins the pic in my opinion . TimR

No - as I said in the post, it’s a sample pic that was quickly taken. Not from a pro shoot. We were looking for locations around London that might suit

how many pics of my bike could I expect for £100?

BArgain :smiley:

Think I’m in the wrong job and need to move over to photography.

I think you need to aim for something more like this. Although this one was shot on an IPhone. £100 is a lot of money

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

We paid half that and got naked ladies

I think you should look at it the other way around. If your friend is a pro, she should have a day rate to work to, or she’s looking to expand her portfolio - in which case there a mutual benefit for all. If day rate, then you could batch it. Say 5 bikes would be £XXX each etc. Up to a maximum of 10 bikes to reduce the piece cost for example (there would have to be a max, as this would have to allow for time spent on each set up, and post shoot editing etc). I’ve worked with various photographers ranging from £500 to £thousands per day - just depends on their skillset, and availability for such shoots (Creative Industry for a number of years). I would connect with her and shoot a couple of variants yourself (couple more on top of what you have done), so the guys here have a choice, or could vote for the scenario etc (Easier then to set up for her). Just my two penneth! But could be popular amongst a few.

And obviously if she’s fit - ignore the above, she could charge what she likes, as all would turn up.

I think you need to aim for something more like this. Although this one was shot on an IPhone. £100 is a lot of money Changyammi
Changy - Another trip to Germany?  Sign me up !! :-)

Lol you’ve been missed.

I think you should look at it the other way around. If your friend is a pro, she should have a day rate to work to, or she's looking to expand her portfolio - in which case there a mutual benefit for all. If day rate, then you could batch it. Say 5 bikes would be £XXX each etc. Up to a maximum of 10 bikes to reduce the piece cost for example (there would have to be a max, as this would have to allow for time spent on each set up, and post shoot editing etc). I've worked with various photographers ranging from £500 to £thousands per day - just depends on their skillset, and availability for such shoots (Creative Industry for a number of years). I would connect with her and shoot a couple of variants yourself (couple more on top of what you have done), so the guys here have a choice, or could vote for the scenario etc (Easier then to set up for her). Just my two penneth! But could be popular amongst a few. alex
Alex - very true. I guess I was trying to gauge interest from the wrong end of things!

I’ll check with her and come back with more information

For £100 I’d buy my own camera, still have change for some saucy undies and then take my own pics!

That’s waaaaaay too much, unless she’s going to throw in a full, fairings off n everything, valet to get the bike showroom shiny and looking it’s best. 

Have just checked with her, and as follows (I’ll modify the main topic for this as well).

She’ll do a full day shoot for £1500, with a maximum of 15 people. That works out at £100.00 per person, with each rider getting up to 30 pics or so. If you’re interested, please PM me. If you’d want to see some of her portfolio, please PM me as well - I’d prefer not to put a link up in here, as some of the material is NSFW

For £100 I'd buy my own camera, still have change for some saucy undies and then take my own pics! Janey
Go on then :)

if you want to sell this, you’re going to have to provide better sample pics of what she can do. 

that pic of the zx9 could’ve been taken by anyone with a cameraphone.