Problems with my Horn

Traffic on a busy road is probably about 90dB at 1m. So all yer horns are plenty.

I don’t think I’ve ever had a situation where I thought the volume of my horn was a problem but a 140Db horn would probably make every car on the road stop to see what the hell was going on.
A 10Db increase is a tenfold increase in intensity and perceived as about doubling the volume so a 140Db horn would sound about 8 times as loud as a 110Db.

My thoughts are that any MOT tester would deem anything over 120Db to be harsh

I checked my horn this evening. It’s 120db so I figure that’s good enough.

I checked my horn
For its MOT it works so that’s good enough for me
And next year I’ll do the same

I think that should be 120Db at 1M from source.

I wouldn’t mind my horn, but it sounds like fucking Noddy’s. However, I managed to boot off one of my rear indicators yesterday so I’ve got bigger problems to fix. Plus I think I’ll change bikes in the New Year. 

That reminds me of Ian Durys Song
FUCK OFF Noddy

Note its not safe for work play

The Denali Soundbomb is excellent, in my view essential kit. Can be used in both subtle and f**** off modes as appropriate. I’ve had mine for a year now as I do a mix of motorway and urban, wouldn’t have another bike without one.

What’s the db?

120db. A light touch on the button is polite for a gentle wake up or warning, but hit it full on and you get noticed. Great mod.

1. Those pills aren’t so small…apparently! :roll_eyes:

2. The blues have been superseded by red pills. They so new they have not even released the Brand name. But chemical name is mahcoxafloppin!

:hugs: