President Obama!

Well, he’s in now.

He seems switched on so hopefully he’ll be the breath of fresh air that they need and we can experience from. Just need to get Brown out now! :smiley:

Fair play and good luck to him!

He has been compared to JFK, and look what they did to him, how long before Obama is driving down a street in Dallas past a book Depository? MMM i wonder…

He has been compared to JFK, and look what they did to him, how long before Obama is driving down a street in Dallas past a book Depository? MMM i wonder…

How many more reasons do you want to heap on him in order for him to keep his place in history.? Lets hope the rednecks out there wake up and smell the coffee… (some chance)

I do hope he does what`s right.

If he achieves 20% of what he has promised it will be a miracle :slight_smile:

the miracle has already happened

Has he really promised any miracles , ? i don’t think so but i do think some people are expecting miracles of him . I think he will probably be an all round better president than the last 2 at least i think thats a reasonable expectation.

Hoping that he is a better president than the last two. Its good to see we are not setting our sights very high.:slight_smile:

He hasn’t been the president for a day yet, and i’m sick to death of the news coverage. FFS people we don’t have this sort of coverage of our own general election.

What is this the second coming.

Just fed up of the total media blanket for a guy who will probably affect only a 10% change, and be remembered as the first black president.

Good luck to him I say.

And we don’t have this much coverage of our own prime ministerial elections because a majority of the people in this country don’t care or don’t vote - in 1997 approx 23m people voted out of about 50m eligible to vote!

Phew…stats over :smiley:

yeah good luck to him.

So just under 50% of the electorate turned up and voted, actually I’d say in election terms that’s a pretty damn good turnout!

Good luck to Obama, it is a historic moment and I think he’ll probably make a difference to the American people, maybe now they’ll get on and rebuild what hurricane Katrina destroyed for the sake of the people still living with the aftermath from all those years ago…

However with Hilary Clinton in charge of foreign affairs I suspect it will be business as usual on all other fronts, with the minor exception that America won’t rush into waging war on another country QUITE so quickly… :Whistling: