Prat on a Gilera

Had pretty much a full on fight with a fat bloke on a black one of these today - its not a real bike, get over it - learn how to corner properly… He was cutting people up and shouted at me that I should stay behind him where I had been all the time (this is after he cut in front of me then slammed the brakes on)… I told him what I thought of him and after whinging on about whether I wanted a race and telling me I was a useless fairweather rider (lol - ignoramus), he promptly went off to cut someone else up. I was well within my ability to go after him again and do the same to him but I thought - you know what? He isnt worth it. So I am posting this name and shame on here instead (except I dont want to know his name)… Just in case you want to ID him - he comes down the holloway road and his P reg plate ends in MES…beware - total numpty…

Is that all you got?
Height, age, race, accent, distinctive mark?

Lol - Im not here to be a vigilante - just to warn others of this menace - besides, the above are hard to tell when someone is in full bike gear.

Dont worry - you wont need much of a description - you’ll know when you see him :slight_smile: And if you don’t? Thats good luck :wink:

Strap a pole to your bike tomorrow and take it to him if he’s there again, like Knights of old, jousting :stuck_out_tongue:

I did consider the kill switch just before the lights change thing…

Where would Gabs get a Polish bloke at that time of the morning?:P:D

Did this fella realise you were a girl? Bitch slap the fugger;):smiley:

Lol :hehe: Chunkiski strikes again :w00t:He was quite nippy in the traffic. To do that, Id have had to put myself (and others) in danger. I did do one of his moves on him - blocked him in on a roundabout - but that was only cause I knew there was nowhere else he could go and the other vehicles were stationary. If Id have been on track, then yeah, different story. I prefer the name and shame approach :wink: Far more annoying for him - and it promotes awareness that a) we arent all sausage heads and b) to give this bloke a wide berth cause he is going to get himself into trouble one day - and when he does - I will stop - to give my details to the party he has wronged to act as their witness.

[quote]
powerpuffgirl (22/05/2008)

• its not a real bike, get over it -

[quote]

You definitely can’t call it a real bike if it has 3 wheels. But then I think that about gears and a proper frame/wheels as well…

[quote]
gaffertape (22/05/2008)

[quote]

• its not a real bike, get over it -

Thats just me venting - tongue in cheek :wink:

[quote]

[quote]
gaffertape (22/05/2008)

If Mr Thompson reads this, you lot are Brown Bread:w00t::D:D:D

[quote]
ChunkyMonkey (22/05/2008)

[quote]

:smiley: At least it wasn’t one of his customers (his plates start with KE). It does p1ss me off when riders (of any type of bike) behave like that.

Hah - I think i was behind him yesterday evening … going up towards Highbury Corner from the Old Street O : seemed a little ‘aggressive’!

Hello, by the way - just signed up to the site after 10 years of riding around our fair city.

lol okies & welcome :wink: please pop along to the newbie section and intro yourself :slight_smile:

Id blame Jimc as he has one of those fuglys.:stuck_out_tongue:

Well, i do agree that he shouldnt ride like a pratt, but be a bit concious of the fact that some of our members on here ride scooters as they arent able, or choose not to ride a bike.:slight_smile: What is the definition of a real bike?!

Thinks I might have seen this guy today as well, headed south down Great Eastern St & Commercial St around 8.30am-ish. Nothing outlandish about his road manners at the time though he was certainly nippy through the traffic.

I’m a big bloke as well, but I try to stick to an uncombative attitude through traffic (as much as anyone can in London)

He certainly seems to get about a bit. We will watch out for him

Personally I am getting very sick of the senseless anti-scooter, anti-L plate rants on this forum. I have to keep reminding myself I was invited to join this forum after being told by a forum member I assisted at an accident (when riding a Vespa on L plates) and her friends how welcoming it was. The last two days here have left me on the verge of leaving, but regrettably that would only put me in a mirror universe.

Someone throw a lifeline.

This is my first time on this forum. Saw an evening standard sign saying something about bikers in bus lanes earlier in the day. Is this true ??? If so it’d be great !!! I try to avoid driving down the centre of Holloway Road on my morning commute these days, if we could ride in the bus lane that’d be great.

Oh and another thing, I know who you’re talking about - the guy on that three wheeled Gilera. He is very quick, I don’t think I’ve seen anybody else drive that fast in traffic. Haven’t had any problems with him, but then I don’t generally try to race him :wink:

Someone stop this fella and invite him to the next trackday:w00t:

JimC needs some competition;):smiley: