Praise : London MPR

Whatever happen to Mick (memory) of Essential Rubber.  What happened to him after he was forced to close?

He changed careers. He drives trucks now :slight_smile:

:grin: was not disappointed
Rode 40 miles back home and was still holding well

No leakage?

That’s a different story all together.

The best puncture repair I ever witnessed was Slan’s sister, can’t remember her name and if the search function worked there’s an old thread lurking somewhere.

She had a screw protruding from her rear tyre, spat on it, saw the bubbles and grabbed her make up bag. The method used was to leave the screw where it was, I think the theory here was that the screw shank was plugging 98% of the hole and leaving it in situ meant she only had to deal with 2% of the puncture. After a short rummage through the make up bag she came up with the necessary kit, nail glue and a tissues. She covered the screw and surrounding area with a goodly dollop of nail glue, added a couple of layers of tissue paper, another dollop of nail glue, leave for a couple of minutes dry, spit test and the jobs a good’n. This was all done within minutes of noticing the screw so as not to loose too much pressure and with an almost military precision about it. If I was a gambling man i’d wager it was not the first time she’d effected such a repair.

She then carefully rode on to the next petrol station where she was able to inflate the repaired tyre to the correct pressure, another spit test and still no bubbling. Now we thought she would bail out and carefully ride off home, we was on our way to the Southend Shakedown via the back door (not that one, the year before). No way was she bailing and no way she took it easy either. She ragged it proper for about 35 miles to Southend, including The Burnham Bends, then ragged it another 60+ miles home. All, much to Slans concern, with her Mother on the pillion!

He changed careers. He drives trucks now :)
Jay
Sad, he was really good. :(

Did he plug your rear as well Kev?

Did he plug your rear as well Kev? silveR6
I think he's plugged most of our rears here... #IwaspluggedatER

I think he's plugged most of our rears here... #IwaspluggedatER
Serrisan
Nah, he gave me fresh rubber. ;)

I think he's plugged most of our rears here... #IwaspluggedatER Serrisan
Nah, he gave me fresh rubber. ;)
Kevsta
he put fresh rubber on for you 

I think he's plugged most of our rears here... #IwaspluggedatER Serrisan
Nah, he gave me fresh rubber. ;) Kevsta
he put fresh rubber on for you  Wise

LMAO

did he put the white goo around your rim before the new rubber?

Did anyone else have to blow really hard until it expanded?

Gotta blow hard and long until it’s firm. A soft one in the rear isn’t fun for anyone.

That’s a good one :grin:

Ps. I’m taking notes just in case

The best puncture repair I ever witnessed was Slan's sister, can't remember her name and if the search function worked there's an old thread lurking somewhere.
She had a screw protruding from her rear tyre, spat on it, saw the bubbles and grabbed her make up bag. The method used was to leave the screw where it was, I think the theory here was that the screw shank was plugging 98% of the hole and leaving it in situ meant she only had to deal with 2% of the puncture. After a short rummage through the make up bag she came up with the necessary kit, nail glue and a tissues. She covered the screw and surrounding area with a goodly dollop of nail glue, added a couple of layers of tissue paper, another dollop of nail glue, leave for a couple of minutes dry, spit test and the jobs a good'n. This was all done within minutes of noticing the screw so as not to loose too much pressure and with an almost military precision about it. If I was a gambling man i'd wager it was not the first time she'd effected such a repair.
She then carefully rode on to the next petrol station where she was able to inflate the repaired tyre to the correct pressure, another spit test and still no bubbling. Now we thought she would bail out and carefully ride off home, we was on our way to the Southend Shakedown via the back door (not that one, the year before). No way was she bailing and no way she took it easy either. She ragged it proper for about 35 miles to Southend, including The Burnham Bends, then ragged it another 60+ miles home. All, much to Slans concern, with her Mother on the pillion!

National Treasure
My kinda lady
That's a good one 😁 Ps. I'm taking notes just in case silveR6
Sounds like you need an exam.  :D