Praise : London MPR

Discovered a screw in my rear tyres Saturday morning. Called Chris and he was honest enough to say it may be a bit tight to get out same day but would Sunday at 10am be okay.

Arrived today and tyre repaired just after 11am. Not bad for £50 and not having to risk riding to a garage for repair.

That’s a damn good price!

That's a damn good price!

me_groovy
That's a repair, not a replacement.

Not a bad price on a call out, wish I had collected 50 hard earned for all the punctures I’ve repaired :-((

I’ve used the, quite a few times
He even came out late one night to fix a puncture for me

That's a damn good price! me_groovy
Aceman
That's the cost no matter what they do.  You only pay extra if you need them to provide tyres or tubes.

I have used them a couple of times, replacement and repair, though not urgently, and would also definitely recommend them.

Aceman
I know. It's a good price compared to the stress of getting a punctured tyre to a tyre shop and having them plug it. 

Is that a temporary repair or a mushroom plug?

Last puncture (last summer) cost me £25 for a mushroom plug repair at Swallows motorcycles,
that time I took my wheel in, I think they charge an extra £10 if they have to take your wheel off.

That's a repair, not a replacement. Aceman
I know. It's a good price compared to the stress of getting a punctured tyre to a tyre shop and having them plug it. 
me_groovy
It's also on a Sunday, you have to expect to pay more for that day!

It’s a mushroom plug

Plug and a patch.  Chris was not sure the if patch would hold on my old 125 because of the cheap stock tyres, but it did.

Is that a temporary repair or a mushroom plug?

Last puncture (last summer) cost me £25 for a mushroom plug repair at Swallows motorcycles, that time I took my wheel in, I think they charge an extra £10 if they have to take your wheel off.
MikeDerBike
Mushroom Plug

I know i can get it cheaper say at FWR but getting from my home to them with a dodgy tyre is not worth the risk to save £25.

Is that a temporary repair or a mushroom plug? Last puncture (last summer) cost me £25 for a mushroom plug repair at Swallows motorcycles, that time I took my wheel in, I think they charge an extra £10 if they have to take your wheel off. MikeDerBike
Mushroom Plug
I know i can get it cheaper say at FWR but getting from my home to them with a dodgy tyre is not worth the risk to save £25.
Hold Da Kæft
the main problem being if you get a puncture that wont hold air you will have a long wait for a recovery truck to get you to FWR or you pays your money you get a fixed tyre at your location 
you will have a long wait for a recovery truck to get you to FWR
And punctures always happen out of business hours, usually when it's raining too.

If you’re with AA and you have got puncture and you think its pluggable MAKE SURE you request an AA patrol ( yellow van) if they assign a garage agent as they all carry mushroom kits . May be a bit longer to wait but bish bash bosh and if its not repairable they have motorcycle recovery facilities on board .

I once witnessed an RAC man repair wee_frenchie’s rear tyre with a plug. I was so impressed I found out the kit he used and bought my own. 

I then promptly lost it in the cave somewhere. 

I once witnessed an RAC man repair wee_frenchie's rear tyre with a plug. I was so impressed I found out the kit he used and bought my own. 
I then promptly lost it in the cave somewhere. 
me_groovy
It's still there... it's used the moisture in the cave to develop into a mushroom

badger badger badger badger?

I also was plugged by RAC man on the roadside once… :grin:

PMSL! did he do it quickly and efficiently so you could get on your way?