Praise - FWR

Hi all,
First post so thought would make it a positive one on what is a rainy bastard of a day - FWR in Kennington did a fantastic job yesterday on new chain and sprockets for my NC750. Fitted inside 45 mins, £140, when I suggested I might leave the bike and pop back at lunch they put two guys on it to get it and got it done so quickly that it wasn’t worth me taking the 10 min bus to work. Offered to adjust for free after it stretches in over first couple of hundred miles. Not sure what more you could ask. Cheers guys!

M

One struggles to see what’s especially praiseworthy about this transaction. I had mine done there in less time, they did a good job and l paid them accordingly.

Is this an advert?

Nope - I thought it was good service compared to very limited experience of getting my chain done on my previous bike. First time I’ve had it changed for years. I left feeling good about the transaction and would go back. But if thats the usual I should expect then fine - I probably just got screwed over previously and didn’t realise!

meh they know a lot about sports bikes, but f* my old yamaha few times. l would give them a miss if you are on something older and cruiser like, also charge you almost per minute. quite expensive garage. 

The off the shelf price on a standard chain & sprocket kit should be no more than £80, garage labour rates are about £60.00 per hour and the free adjustment after a couple of hundred miles is necessary and part of the mode d’employ of fitting a replacement chain & sprocket. They’ve probably done no more or no less than what it says on the can.

Good service vs bad service follows the same peeks and troughs of the busy periods vs slack periods :wink: