Potentially Fatal Motorcycle Accident - A12 Nr Collier Row

I d like to say that there is a lot of LOVE here,and that makes you very special…

My heart is with the family … of the unlucky Spider ,worse thing I had 2 numbers of other Spiders ,but I lost my F.phone in the park ,and now feel helpless …

Hope its not you Leigh…

Thoughts are with family and friends, so close to christmas and the time for family, I feel for their loss. :crying:

OK Guys, I have just seen another post on another forum (a friend of the rider) so I am now able to put some of you at rest as to who it was, as I’m confident I will not be jepordising anything.

The rider’s name was John Bond ‘Bondy’

It was a Spiderman themed R1, with the plate R100 SPY … ('99 reg).

Thoughts are with the family and freinds, so near to xmas especially.

Thanks for spreading the word Scarface. If anyone who knew him wants details of the funeral please feel free to get in touch. It is on the 4th Jan.My post from R1-superbike.com says it all:

His name was John ‘Bondy’ Bond and he was a great bloke. I used to ride with him before I moved to Australia 7 years ago. I always caught up with him whenever I came home for a visit and just happened to be here for Christmas when I got a call with the awful news.

Whenever someone dies people always say stuff about how great they were…even if they were a complete asshole, but he was genuinely a real character and a real one of a kind. I’m sure anyone reading this who knew him would agree, if you lived a hundred years you would never find another Bondy.

I have many fond memories of days out riding with him and the crazy stuff we did but my favourite is of one Sunday, both of us on Ninja ZX7’s, shoulder to shoulder down a dead straight country lane at 140mph and flying past a petrol station while the coppers where delivering a lecture (probably about speeding) to a group of riders on the forecourt !

If you ever saw a bike on the A12 anywhere between Redbridge Roundabout and Gallows Corner with its front wheel clawing the air all the way through 6 gears…it was almost certainly Bondy.

It’s a shame that it’s not until now, when I know I will never see him again that I realise just how much I’m going to miss him.

R.I.P mate…Clay ‘John’ Webb (Eastside)

I have taken the liberty of pasting in another riders post from R1-superbike.com…he obviously knew him well.

We have lost a legend that was John Bond, (Bondy)
Have known the guy for 20 years, back in the day when I was about 10 years old, we used to watch him on his motorcross bike which inspired me to start riding, and I bought my first boots off of him which were Mick Doohan replica’s - SHOCKING COLOUR!!! I have now had bikes for 18 years. We had many a trip out - we learnt to do wheelies together from 2 second pop ups to 5 gear - 140mph wheelies. That’s how good he was. Total legend.
What more can I say, apart from goodbye to a great friend. You will be truely missed by all - not just by me but by many. RIP Bondy.

To all you riders out there - Be safe, Be cool.

Dave Smith