Posted picture of new bike, then it get's stolen!

Just a thought, I wonder how many people (not just on this forum) have posted a picture of their new bike only to have it stolen a short while later.
As it would be a good place for bike thieves to look at who has got a gleaming new bike, and with a bit of research establish where the bike was located and then go and nick it.

What a horrible thought! Best you give yer new bike to me and you can have one of my old bikes (that will be much safer for ya!)

Pinch yourself…you must be dreaming :smiley:

I have often wondered about it, as I am sure that happens with cars.

It has been known that people have posted pictures of their not-so-new bikes on here, or given away details of where they park and hey presto.

It’s a sign of the digital times when info is so freely given away in good faith, and then some little sh!t bag uses it against them.

Has this actually happened to you? If it has it’s a baitch…

Not me personally, but have known of cars being TDA’d through it and thought why not bikes too!

thats why you dont post where u live. half a post code is enough.

some scrotes have access to find out where u live via ur plates. cover them up too. I dont bother cause my bikes **** :smiley: apparently :blush:

Amen to that! - I just say NW2 or W4 or SW - that’s enough information = With streetview they can see you actual gaff and in the case of this…

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Fairmile+Ave,+Streatham,+London+Borough+of+Lambeth,+London+SW16+6AG,+United+Kingdom&hl=en&ll=51.424822,-0.136213&spn=0.007774,0.01929&geocode=FV-uEAMdwu39_w&hnear=Fairmile+Ave,+SW16+6AG,+United+Kingdom&t=m&z=16&layer=c&cbll=51.424831,-0.136078&panoid=_Zhz2YIGAoWxKfMhoQZOMg&cbp=12,326.73,0,8.43

all 3 bikes were either stolen / attempted stolen a few days later.

Why have they blurred out her skirt?

That’s why my number plate is on velcro… normally gets taken off whenever I park… sad to have to do this really!

Trouble with doing that it will definitely get attention from the old bill, well I suppose that could be a good thing in one respect but bad if there is anything dodgy. :wink:

You’ve got a point Russ. Perhaps there should be something in the newbies section pointing this out for people to be careful about specifics that they post that the scum could use.

Here to serve the public :wink:

nice one, I’ll have 2 pints of lager and packet of crisps then :smiley:

Trouble with doing that it will definitely get attention from the old bill, well I suppose that could be a good thing in one respect but bad if there is anything dodgy. :wink:
[/quote]

Done it for 3 years, never had any problem, never had a parking ticket either - tax disc is under the seat so no way of knowing my reg number without some effort :wink:

Doof, you are soooo out there mate living on the edge :smiley:

mwahahahahahaha!