Poppins

top night :D:w00t::cool:

well done mike for making it happen also the poppins staff for being so nice to all us bikers(even though i turned up in me car)

worth while cause. glad to be a part of the evening.

but we have gone through all the members on this site and picked the person that we think needed the lessons most, are you saying that you are unable to teach him to speak english then

Haha etc.

The lot was not intended for an existing native English speaker. As I said - ’ Perhaps it was my mistake ’ donating my services as no-one in the room could use the lessons directly. The lessons are not restricted to use by members of the site only, none of the lots in the auction were AFAIK.

Yes, I am saying that I’m unable to teach him English -

1. He already uses English as a native language,
  2. I’m not qualified nor experienced in teaching English as a First Language.
    etc

I’m gutted I missed the opportunity to bid on the English lessons. I would have bid on them for a very dear friend of mine who could do with such tuition. His name is Terry

His second language is English which could do with polishing up, as his first language is talking bol locks;):smiley:

I can’t understand the pair of you, what with Lunnon and Watfaard . . . me speaking pure Hertfordshire puts me at a distinct disadvantage :stuck_out_tongue:

oi where were you friday night.

I did plan coming but was delayed at work and it was freezing by the time I got home and just didn’t fancy the journey, takes me an hour and a half each way to Poppins from up here. Don’t forget that compared to you I’m almost in Scotland ;):slight_smile:

I Always thought you had a funny accent;)

Im suprised you were out…:smiley:

In the car i bet;):stuck_out_tongue:

Garrett - surely it’s up to Steve if he want’s to donate the lessons or use them. Don’t worry about what you’re qualified to do or not. Just give him the lessons the same way as you would a foreign student.

Of course. When it was pointed out that I was an English Teacher at the last BMM, the same people suggested that I ‘teach’ Steve.
Steve and I had a chat, just as we did after the auction, about how some people are so short sighted. And how I could be considered a plastic paddy, but will always stand up for the Gael!

Come one people, I have shown a willingness to have a go and do my part like other people, but either people don’t understand what my donation is or no-one is taking me seriously.

:doze:
see 1) above.

Sorry that your donation is not being used as you would like it to be, I think the reason is that none of us have the need for english lessons. The point of the night was to raise money for LAA and if we all brought only the things we needed then I have a feeling your english lessons would not have sold at all. Well done for donating the lessons though, very good of you :slight_smile:

Here here Tiggi.

Well done everyone for taking part and donating money or time. I feel that we should put the subject of the English lessons to bed now and remember just how much money we all managed to raise on Friday night! :w00t: :cool:

Thank you Tiggi.

TBH, I should have stuck it out on the bid for the shades or lids from Richmond Honda, that way I would have donated more and wasted less time posting afterwards.

The classroom in Sheen is available until the end of March as are the lessons once we all sort out where the voucher actually is and where the money went. I still intend to honour the voucher (and the words written on it i.e. ‘lessons from an EFL teacher’).

I’m pretty sure that we’ve done this subject to death now. PLEASE tell me we have [sigh]

+1

so when does Steves lessons start then ?

If you can teach english as a foreign language, can you also teach the foreign language to an english speaker ? :wink: I’d like to learn a language :stuck_out_tongue: