Police on London Bridge?

Hiya saw police on London Bridge the other day, stopped biker on bus lane.
Traffic is a b**ch in a mornings and l usually go on bus lane even though its buses and bicycle only.
I am wondering if they gave him ticket , anyone saw them there as well?

They probably gave him a ticket. If you get caught on a bus lane camera they’ll send you a ticket in the post.

Crap. This whole bus lane inconsistency across London really needs to get sorted out. 

Crap. This whole bus lane inconsistency across London really needs to get sorted out.  Arfa
Agreed, we should be able to use all of them.

Isn’t London Bridge 20mph now? I have a sneaking suspicion that is more likely to be the reason for the pull

There was also a bike safe campaign this morning, the plod was everywhere

Strange! The V5c states “category” bicycle ? An observation needing clarification.

yeah London Bridge is 20, but traffic was slow and he got stopped maybe 2meters from the bridge entry, dont think he was speeding THAT MUCH.

That damn bridge is the only way to work for me and its bullshit that bikes are banned from bus lane. ugh

I once got a ticket for parking in Kingston (Surrey, not Jamaica) in a bicycle rank. I pointed out in the magistrate’s court that the sign above said ‘Cycles only’, specifying neither bi or motor. i was let off, and the sign was changed the next week.

Crap. This whole bus lane inconsistency across London really needs to get sorted out.  Arfa
hmmm anyone fancy starting petition for this :)?

Was it BaronVG who tried this on a Traffic Officer … he lost and it cost him £60 if i remember correctly …
But by all means carry out the research and tell us your findings . Myself i shall aim for the ones with a picture of a motorcycle or ones that are time controlled

Was it BaronVG who tried this on a Traffic Officer … he lost and it cost him £60 if i remember correctly …
But by all means carry out the research and tell us your findings . Myself i shall aim for the ones with a picture of a motorcycle or ones that are time controlled

TimR
they have no interest to change it anyway, it's a money making scheme for them.

It wasn’t bvg apologies

Re bicycle is in reference to a two wheeled vehicle … not pedals but by wheels

what are you talking about guys? we are saying all bus lanes should allow motorcycles. l wouldn’t go stupid and challenge officer about it if its clearly marked bus + taxi you have to be moron to say “but l think it should be blah blah…”

what we saying is that all London should allow motorcycles and be consistent with this. 

anyway if anyone will notice police catching bikes on London bridge - give me heads up.

If it’s a red route bikes can use regardless - Boris kept the 18 month experiment going.

hmmm anyone fancy starting petition for this :)?
PaulaDe The Motorcycling Action Grpup are working very hard on getting bikes into all bus lanes. Val Shawcross deputy chair of Tfl is very biker friendly and was the force behind the easy rider report in March criticising Tfl for there attitude Motorcycles in London. 

https://www.london.gov.uk/about-us/london-assembly/london-assembly-publications/easy-rider-improving-motorcycle-safety-london

A petition will not help. Joining MAG will help pay the wages of Dr Leon Manning and Lembit Opik transport policy adviser political adviser for MAG and the reason why you don’t have to pay congestion charge in London and that you have access to 99% of all red route bus lanes and they are working hard on the Harlow injunction and the ULEZ due in 2020. MAG have been fighting for riders rights since 1973. They have done so much for you and all riders that it is very difficult to list it all. There is a MAG meeting at the Ace cafe on Thursday 21st July at 8pm, come along and join us.

thanks for the update tim :slight_smile: