Police bikers show how it's done

zombie thread… i thought we wouldnt have one so soon in the new home!!! :smiley:

you’re a bit behind Alba, sneaky resurrected this one 5 days ago.

Alba is correct as the thread is plodding round in circles.

The thread is still very credible for several reasons.

The video has repeatedly come up elsewhere since niteowl posted it. By the way, the police video seems to have been replaced in the site update with my video.

Hopefully anyone producing a similar video will take note that much of why its safe for these police riders to do what they’re doing is lost on us because theres no commentry.

Its a reminder to me to try and be on top of my game.

I’m told Alba is a quick rider. If shes skilled too, because the police video is aimed at the unskilled this may also add to the zombie lable.

This is thought provoking debate hopefully.

Ride with Alba first before drawing conclusions :slight_smile:

Nowt wrong with kerb to kerb if it is safe to do so.

Rusty99

I have drawn any conclusions regarding the speed of Alba. She came up in conversation the other week and I’m told she dont hang around. I believe it’s not how fast you ride, its how you ride fast!

With regard your kerb to kerb comment. Some of us have an idea how skilled you are. Does it ‘warrant’ telling those that dont know what your considerable experience is or should we leave it there?

Thing there is sneaky, what is relevant is that those that have no issue with the way the coppers are riding are those that have received further training beyond test, in whatever form that may be, and aware of riding to ‘The System’ and the principles of road craft, which is what the whole video advocates in the first place. Like you, I wish there was a bit of commentary, but I understand why they have been cautious in not giving any. Too much info can be a bad thing and a lot of what they could say in commentary could be misinterpreted, particularly by those with little or no experience of advanced training.
(damn, I used the dreaded A word, never goes down too well here, but I’ve done it now)
What the theme of the thread comes to is that at face value some of their riding seems risky, but with contextual knowledge that further training brings you can understand why they position the way they do, how they have got there and most importantly the motivation behind it. Those who have suggested that riding like that in front of plod will get you a tug, are also right too in a way, as if you watched that vid and tried to emulate it without extra instruction and information, you wouldn’t be riding like them, you would look a mess, and probably a bit reckless.

Like all things in life there are opinions at both ends of the scale, there are some ‘advanced’ riders who think taking all of the road is dangerous others not.
I personally think overtaking on double whites into a blind bend causing someone else to brake and go off line is dangerous, they may be quick but does not make them safe.

As to my skills, yes I have had training and like to think I ride safely at a progressive pace. However there are people in LB who have not had that sort of training who I think are
exceptional riders.

Further to KTM D comment, if I was working and observed someone who was riding fast safely, they would probably get a tug and encouraged to use more rear observation :slight_smile:

Thanks guys.

I agree with you 100% KTM D. You too Rusty99, but I’m a littlr unclear, would they get a tug if a rider you spotted was within the speed limits.

I am assuming there are one or two Class 1 riders contributing here. :wink:

All looks good to me,reminds of a fun three weeks in summer 2003

Three weeks in the summer, I had three in November !!

If they were within the limit, bon voyage

quote ride4fun
I am assuming there are one or two Class 1 riders contributing here. :wink:

i believe one used to be old bill.

They’re just being very shy about it.lol

Not shy just reserved :slight_smile:

Yep 3 weeks in June for me,even allowed us to do the cones on the back road in t shirts as it was scorching

@commuter-boy, at least two to my knowledge. Although one,I would have to question as he only issue 1 ticket in years. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 shite i better be carefull :slight_smile:

It’s OK they are both retired.

One protected arseholes from us, and the other protected us from arseholes. I’ll leave you to figure that one out. :wink:

Hahaha very good like that

well I thought the car driver following them must of been shit hot or he wouldn’t of kept up with a class 1 police rider. :-).
fuse lit, I’ll get me coat.