Pointless

When I lived in Slough, I used to head towards the Cotswolds, was usually less conjested out there. I now live in Cambridgeshire. Essex, cambridgeshire and Suffolk are within easy reach of London and are relatively un conjested. The world cup, as stated earlier, provides plenty of opertunities for relatively hassle free riding.

Couldn’t agree more, even 5 years ago things were much quieter. You could happily blat around roads down to Hastings while the cagers sat on the A21 going from bimble to traffic jam but nowadays it seems like the cagers are getting adventurous having finally given up on the clogged main routes:doze: It only takes one slow driver to turn onto a back road and before you know it there’s a que of 20 cars lines up behind all up each others backsides to busy fuming at the lead car to look out for overtaking bikes.

Saturday evening (first England game) was a great time to get out. Roads were DEAD!!!

I think we will be planning a hoon out around Kent when ever the next big games are on!!

Its because the roads are so congested with 4+ wheelers that I ride my bike. Current commute is 36 mins by bike, 70 mins by car each way. 68mins per day saved :smiley: Commuting can be fun too. Try NOT pulling power wheelies away from the lights on a superduke :smiley:

Went out into the countryside tonight while it was still light:

Upside - hardly any traffic :smiley:

Downside: My shite cornering was totally exposed and had nowhere to hide . . . :crying:

I don’t think there is a single solution other than moving UpNorf and away from the conurbations.

Had two great runs this year, SE London to Hythe and the same to Brighton, both using B roads to see friends for lunch. Both were 10 am starts and both the runs out were great.

Return journies on both (about 4:00/5:00 pm) were completely different. One dire, even on the same B roads, the other a delight, giving me no excuse to hide the fact that I’m a crap rider.

It’s just luck.

My enforced exile up north may become voluntary. To be honest you don’t really need to stay away from the cities. From where I am at the moment I’m in striking distant of Peak District, the Lake District, The Yorkshire Dales, North Yorkshire moors, and that is just the national parks.

Found some excellent roads near me, and I can be out playing on some great roads within minutes.

Started looking for jobs in the area now as well.

Started looking for jobs in the area now as well.

Commonly a handy thing to have, if only to afford to run the bike.

I’d quite fancy living in the w.country and bed-sitting it in london whenever I’ve got a contract on.

£25 over on the euro tunnel spend the day blasting around on clear roads in france , biker friendly people,etc :smiley:

We all got out of work early today to watch the England game… so I took advantage of the sunny weather. Absolutely cracking ride out to High Beech to try to find the old speedway track. Hardly any cars on the road thanks to the England 11. I don’t give a toss about football, but I hope they stay in till the final if it means the roads will stay clear.

Yeah - i hope they go all the way - just for the riding oppos it will provide. :wink:

Europe is the way forward…

Only problem I had was wheelying in Rotterdam and I overtook an unmarked cop car:w00t:, they pulled me over and gave me the thumbs up…" No mister, not here":smiley:

:smiley: