Please explain

Why on earth have Tech 3 presigned Smith…?
Cal versus Smtih on this year’s form I’d take Cal anyday but Poncy-Ral has backed himsdelf into a stupid corner… why?

Could you flesh out your sentences a bit, so that those of us that don’t live in your head still know what you are talking about?

Good question.

Bradley Smith is PRESIGNED to join the MotoGP Tech 3 Yamaha satellite team… that means that Cal and Dovi are fighting this season for who gets the other seat and logically one will be out of the team…

Frankly that corners Poncyral into having to fire one of those two to take Smith (as yet untried in MotoGP arena) before this years season had even begun… he’s committed himself before he knew the full facts… that’s badly thought out in my book.

As much as I wish him well, he’s a right little annoying sh1t is that Bradley Smith… Bloody round faced ginger.

There’s no way he can compete with Cal, he’ll be a boy amongst the men.

For him a season though and he might sort himself out… Pedrosa might finally have a similar sized rider to rival him on those standing starts…

Hasn’t Stoner said he is retiring though, which opens up a place, which means there is an available place this year in the factor teams. Not that Cal will get that place, but Spies or someone else could move up a notch and thus open another place.

Thought Cal did well in Spain, though he couldn’t pass Stoner.

Catalunya.
:wink:

They had a piece about next year’s possible signings and one did show Cal in factory colours - would be good.

Go on the Honey Badger!

Spies is clearly getting the P45 from the Factory Yamaha team though, which leaves one seat at least vacant there. This will probably go to whoever ends up top out of Dovisoso and Crutchlow, thus freeing up a seat in MotoGP for Smith.

If Lorenzo is made an offer he can’t refuse by HRC then there are two factory Yamaha seats available - which would probably leave a seat free at Tech3 (assuming Dovi and Cal both promoted to the factory mob, although Yam usually fancy a Yank which as Spies has got the boot and Colin Edwards is too old suggests Nicky Hayden might get a call).

Would leave this:

HRC Repsol Honda

Jorge Lorenzo, Dani Pedrosa
Factory Yamaha

Hayden, Dovi

Tech3 Yamaha

Crutchlow, Smith

Factory Ducati

Rossi, AN Other (Stefan Bradl, Alvaro Bautista, others?)

Gresini Honda

Marc Marquez + someone on their CRT bike

LCR Honda

Thomas Luthi

Pramac Ducati

Hector Barbera or someone else with a big chequebook

Can see Spies back in WSBK at this rate.

Or do Tech3 have the option to rip up Bradley Smith’s contract if he has a poor year in Moto2?

Not sure about Lorenzo and Pedrosa on a team together but I also dont think Honda would want just Pedrosa…they might have to let him go which would be strange but it would be interesting to see him on a yamaha. Maybe they will swap just to make things more interesting.
And Smith could be to help promote bike racing in the UK as its not currently very popular, well not compared to Spain where its shown everywhere and all the big papers have a bike racing section at the back, alongside all the other sports they promote/are good at…

I still think Pedrosa’s had more than enough chances and should be binned!

Wonder if Biaggi would be tempted back to GP class… :Whistling:

Max has fallen out with every factory on the grid bar Ducati and there’s no way Rossi would allow Biaggi as a team-mate!

Pedrosa has had FAR too many years on the factory Honda and has frankly not delivered. I think Honda have already said that they won’t have two Spaniards on the factory bike so perhaps this could be Dani’s last year with HRC. At this rate Crutchlow might have his pick of seats for next year!

Does anyone actually know what’s going wrong for SPies?
The bike is clearly functional as Lorenzo has proven… so where has King Cool vanished to or more to the point what’s changed for him? 800 - 1000 so different? Can’t say it would be that in my view but maybe? ANyone?

Perhaps Spies doesn’t get on with the new tyres. Also, he was told by Yamaha over the winter they didn’t really consider his first factory season good enough. He did win at Assen but only after Simoncelli gave him a hand!

He was clearly trying too hard in Barcelona but the rest of the year he’s just been awful.