planes getting lower?!?

ok, unless youve been in a box all morning, you may have failed to notice this

after hearing it, got into work, bearing in mind ive worked here for a yr and a half and used to the planes on approach to heathrow…

I saw a jet that was wayy lower than usual, i could make out all the detail on the fuselage, and tail plane, and it was AMERICAN AIRLINES!!!

i tell ya i felt sick to the stomach!!

http://www.heathrowairport.com/

//////////// Internal Communication from our Travel Company /////////////

Following this morning’s police action, security at all UK airports has been increased and additional security measures have been put in place for all flights.

With immediate effect, the following arrangements apply to all passengers starting their journey at a UK airport and to those transferring between flights at a UK airport.

All cabin baggage must be processed as hold baggage and carried in the hold of passenger aircraft departing UK airports.

Passengers may take through the airport security search point, in a single (ideally transparent) plastic carrier bag, only the following items. Nothing may be carried in pockets:

· pocket size wallets and pocket size purses plus contents (for example money, credit cards, identity cards etc (not handbags));

· travel documents essential for the journey (for example passports and travel tickets);

· prescription medicines and medical items sufficient and essential for the flight (eg diabetic kit), except in liquid form unless verified as authentic.

· spectacles and sunglasses, without cases.

· contact lens holders, without bottles of solution.

· for those travelling with an infant: baby food, milk (the contents of each bottle must be tasted by the accompanying passenger) and sanitary items sufficient and essential for the flight (nappies, wipes, creams and nappy disposal bags).

· female sanitary items sufficient and essential for the flight, if unboxed (eg tampons, pads, towels and wipes).

· tissues (unboxed) and/or handkerchiefs

· keys (but no electrical key fobs)

All passengers must be hand searched, and their footwear and all the items they are carrying must be x-ray screened.

Pushchairs and walking aids must be x-ray screened, and only airport-provided wheelchairs may pass through the screening point.

In addition to the above, all passengers boarding flights to the USA and all the items they are carrying, including those acquired after the central screening point, must be subjected to secondary search at the boarding gate. Any liquids discovered must be removed from the passenger.

There are no changes to current hold baggage security measures.

Regrettably, significant delays at airports are inevitable. Passengers are being asked to allow themselves plenty of extra time and to ensure that other than the few permitted items listed above, all their belongings are placed in their hold baggage and checked in.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“significant delays” - I bet!!!

Jolyon

Clear plastic bags. Could be a bit iffy for those newly weds on their way to a “romantic” break.

Yeah, I bet the drug smuggglers are going to be gutted too.

“No really officer, I like my whites EXTRA white. That’s pure uncut Persil, I swear!”

Yeah, I bet the drug smuggglers are going to be gutted too.

“No really officer, I like my whites EXTRA white. That’s pure uncut Persil, I swear!”

You all may joke - i had helicopters circling my area this morning!!!

After hearing on sky news that they were on the look out for 2 more suspects, you can imagine - nearly wet my pants!!

Scary stuff !