Pimlico Pilot(Martin) - Memorial Ride - Sunday October 21st

Im in, i have already spoken to Susie who said to say a big thankyou for organising this for Martin(a):slight_smile: however she will be spending that day with family and going out for a meal and a drink to remember her dad. I think it would be a great idea to take some footage of the day and some piccies, i will have my camera on me as well im sure as some others will do. I would like to stop and put some flowers on the day, but yeah it could be a bit congested if we all stop as its a very fast flowing bit of road and there isnt really an ideal spot to stop.

I’d love to but it’s my sons birthday that day.

Can’t believe it’s been a year already

Sounds like a plan Geoff depending on my shifts I should be there see closer to the time if I am able I’m on it!

Re: Stopping/flowers etc - just a suggestion:

As it is not an ideal place to stop at the site of the accident, how about someone goes on a little ahead with one floral tribute representing the whole group to mark the place, then the rest of the group slow down as they approach it, rev engine/toot horn as passing etc? We don’t want another accident at the same place.

A few bikes are able to stop a bit ahead on that bridge, should be enough space for 5-6 or a bit more, but a large group is not ideal, I agree

SOUNDS LIKE AN IDEA. We could start a collection? I know a good florists

well im not sure i wanna know the exact spot where he lay, its not about that, its just to leave some flowers on the stretch. :slight_smile:

I’ll be there.

Will dig out my contact for the ribbons again !

I too never met Martin, but I’m all for paying my respects to a passed member of the forum/biking community, especailly someone who is so well spoken of by everybody.

If you are going by a ‘the more the merrier’ basis then I will come, unless you are hoping to kerb the numbers to people who knew him.

i hope to make this ride. martin deserves a good turn out whatever the weather. great guy great rider

I already put in on the other post but I’m there. I come back from holiday during that week so I’ll check in but I’ll be there.

+1

If my bike’s back in one piece and actually working by then then I’m in. Met Martin at Blackheath and he was a true gent, RIP.

I will be there…Thanks Geoff

won’t be able to join you, but will be thinking about it. RIP

Good to see a lot of interest… but I was sure we would have a good turn out and yes of course all LB members are welcome whether you had met Martin or not.

Tim… black ribbon remembrance pins, sounds like J.C. has a contact for them, personally I don’t think there necessary. My feeling would be to say leave it to the individual to get, make or buy one if they feel they like to wear one.

Laying flowers/stopping… Westie, Jets, Mo … Yep sounds favourite, as you say, to have a stop and regroup in a sensible place a few miles back of the accident spot. Then maybe a few bikes can go on ahead to lay the flowers and mark the spot for the main group to pass as some of whom will not know where it was. There is a safe place for a few bikes to park off the road just before in front of the bridge wall… Westie will know where I mean… Westie how about your in charge of the flowers and the advance party then :slight_smile:

Matt I see you have heard from Susie and that there is going to be a family gathering so obviously won’t be able to meet us but I am sure there will be plenty of pictures of the day for her and the family to view… Any luck with a contact number for Anthony?

As everyone else has said, a total gentleman, I will be there.