Pillion belt

So every two years give or take a year I take the wife out for a spin. So still a learner pillion. I have a gixxer 750 so not the most comfortable for a pillion. There is no support so she puts her hands around me and on the tank for support and to stop her from sliding forward

I am thinking of getting one if these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B002XLKLCG/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1502739474&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=pillion+belt&dpPl=1&dpID=3142mznfu8L&ref=plSrch
but not sure. Think she might be tempted to tug on me. Can anyone who uses one comment on it’s usefulness.

I used it with my wife on a trip to the lake District… I bought it after I crashed with her on the back and she’s now a lot more scared. She said it was extremely helpful.

Can’t say it bothered me one bit, however I’m on a KTM adventure so a bit more upright… Didn’t feel a tug at all but I also was trying to not accelerate told hard / abruptly. For her it was more a sense of security (especially at speed) as she knows to hold mostly with knees.

My wife still thinks it’s the best thing and made her much more comfortable… Although I think that’s because the kebabs make it more difficult to wrap her arms fully around me…

Edit: oh we also had a big bag on the luggage rack so she had something to have something against her back a bit more… So not sure how that affected how much she used the grips…

Crashed !!! She is one brave soul. My wife will never get back on if that happened with her. Snap I wouldn’t trust myself to let her back on.

She does hold on with her knees (When she remembers). I also use engine braking whigh is a bit gentler than being on and off the lever and reduces the sliding back and forth.

Could you remember which brand you used as there are so many out there and some reviews says there is so much slack in the handles it’s worse off

Oh yeah it was exactly the one you linked to…

also consider one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CNC-Passenger-Tank-Grip-Handle-Grab-For-Suzuki-GSXR-600-04-13-GSXR-750-04-13-BLK-/253018204896?hash=item3ae90f6ae0:g:PfoAAOSwgv5ZULJq much easier for her to push against when you’re slowing down

That looks like she will really have to reach and stretch forward to get a hold of. Interesting though.