Photo call

BM is every Wednesday from 6pm onwards at Borough market. Opposite the Market Porter Pub

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.5055922,-0.0914089,3a,75y,93.27h,90.01t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sjudVrfGLEKICtjQqPVQ53g!2e0

Let us know what week you can make and we will get some Bikes there to start you off as some nice places at the entrance to the Market for Photos

Oh and thanks for the kind comments on my photos.

The photo of the r6 rider is one I want to redo as I have thought of a way to improve on it.

Phil

Bugger! I’ve got a works function on Wednesday. Try to come along next week then :slight_smile:

OK, Keep us informed and we will get a few of us down that would be interested in the Pictures and see what you think as to what Bikes you could use

I’ll scrub the Idea of the Model then :smiley:

Will do!

You don’t need to scrub the idea I just won’t take her pic, no objections to her being there lol

Hey there DS3Phil,

How would you feel about turning this into a seminar on how to photograph bikes? There’s a number of enthusiastic amateur togs on here who would certainly be interested (myself included after having seen a couple of your shots :-)).

-simon

Hi Simon,

It’s certainly something I’d be up for but probably not the first time :wink:

When and where would you fancy doing this? Are we talking about getting it all done in the camera or photoshop afterwards?

Phil

For this type of pic it needs to be dark

This is the one I want to try again

nice pics, like the reflections, but get a block to put under the side stand :wink: give the bike a more lively and aggressive stance.

get some ND filter for the headlights, then you can have them on but still balance the exposure of the rider. Cut them to size and use a few layers if you need to.

and scrub those chicken strips off that front tyre!:wink:

Composition, angles, lines, focal points, backgrounds, framing, lens choice, depth of field, tones, lighting, shadows, dynamic range and more…all those things that are going through your head (consciously or subconsciously) while you’re taking a picture of a bike – that’s what I want to see and understand and learn. Processing is a whole other discussion, but for now let’s start at the beginning :slight_smile:

As for where and when, let’s talk after your first BM photo shoot :slight_smile:

cheers the block idea is a great one.

forgive me but what size do you think be a good one to go for? an inch or three?

I’d be up for this too but can’t do this Saturday. Got BikeSafe booked. Any other weekend for sure.

Edit: Screw BikeSafe! I’M IN!!!

depends on the bike eh? door wedge? or2? then you have some variables.

It’s a Suzuki. It can only look good in real life if Photoshopped :stuck_out_tongue:

Red head …

Would I get away with rolling up in the Ford (as opposed to through the Ford) for a couple of shots :ermm:

Got some nice picks there
Wouldn’t mind getting my baby done

Got a Yammy 09 R6

if its free, why not … :smiley:

Ok so there is some interest there then. :slight_smile:

What day suits people best? Saturday or Sunday?

Phil

https://www.facebook.com/moranphotos

Feel free to like if you want everyone :wink:

Sunday is a day we have the majority of our Ride Outs so i would suggest doing it on a Sunday. But i’m easy (no comments girls) so any day will suit me

I would also suggest due to the fact i was first to respond i should be one of the first to get a Pic :slight_smile: